VR Temple Alpha issue?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Lexaraj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

VR Temple Alpha issue?

Post by Lexaraj »

Let me preface this by saying I have embarrassingly little experience with Episode 2 so if I'm missing something obvious, please excuse me.

I've been trying to get through VR Temple Alpha in Episode 2 (no quest) in an Online game and in both map variations, I cannot progress past the doors that require you to stand on two switches. They are requiring both to be stood on at the same time, as opposed to stepping on them one at a time on your own.

I've done it solo a few times years ago in offline games and don't recall any issues like this. In the couple of games I've played online today and yesterday, I was outright roadblock by these switches. Is this just how VR Temple Alpha works in online games or am I missing something?

As I said, if this is an obvious anawer, I apologize in advance.

Edit: Forgot mention that this is on Gamecube.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: VR Temple Alpha issue?

Post by BlueCrab »

In online mode, those switches do require two players. This is a limitation that Sega programmed into the game, and not a bug.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to pass through those doors alone in online mode.
Lexaraj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Lexaraj »

Ahh damn, I didn't realize that.

I guess I just assumed it was an issue because there are no multi player switches required to progress up to each areas boss in Episode 1. (to my knowledge)

I can only imagine they did this to make it tougher for solo players to farm the seasonal Rappy, which is exactly what I was trying to do, haha.

Not too big a deal either way. Thank you for the quick reply!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Lexaraj wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:55 pm I guess I just assumed it was an issue because there are no multi player switches required to progress up to each areas boss in Episode 1. (to my knowledge)
They are in Episode 1 as well.
Lexaraj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Lexaraj »

BlueCrab wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:15 pm
Lexaraj wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:55 pm I guess I just assumed it was an issue because there are no multi player switches required to progress up to each areas boss in Episode 1. (to my knowledge)
They are in Episode 1 as well.
Haha, show's how well I remember online gameplay.

Outside of playing briefly a few years ago, I haven't played Online with any consistency since the original Xbox servers went down. What better time to start re-learning though! :lol: