Dreamcast character backup to Sylverant Server issue

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Burnbackin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast character backup to Sylverant Server issue

Post by Burnbackin »

I've set up my PSO character to automatically save data to the server as soon as I connect to the server. However, this doesn't seem to work. It works manually, but not automatically. The command I use from the guidline below is: /enablebk

https://dreamcastlive.net/blogs/post/ho ... haracters/

Should this work?

Many thanks for the help.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Dreamcast character backup to Sylverant Server issue

Post by BlueCrab »

The /enablebk command only works if you have registered your serial number/access key to your account (which means you need to be using a real unique serial/access key, not a shared one -- by the way) and you are logged in on the server with the /tlogin or /login command.

You won't see anything when it does back up your character -- it happens automatically without telling you anything (because it technically happens while you are loading into the team).
Burnbackin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Burnbackin »

BlueCrab wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:27 am The /enablebk command only works if you have registered your serial number/access key to your account (which means you need to be using a real unique serial/access key, not a shared one -- by the way) and you are logged in on the server with the /tlogin or /login command.

You won't see anything when it does back up your character -- it happens automatically without telling you anything (because it technically happens while you are loading into the team).
Thanks a lot. I had registered it with an unique serial/access key. I used the login username pw command. What is the tlogin command for? and when exactly is it auto back up doing? when i select the ship or only when i start a mission? And do i need to add a slot number to the /enablebk command (eg /enablebk 1)?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The /tlogin command is an alternative to the /login command, using a one-time password generated on the website. There's actually a full list of commands on the Sylverant site here, with descriptions: https://sylverant.net/server-commands/

The backup is taken every time you join or create a team from the lobby counter. You don't specify a slot, as the backups are stored separately from the data saved with /save 1 and the like.
These users thanked the author BlueCrab for the post:
Burnbackin