Getting kicked out after the first few minutes every time..

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Micbusch
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Getting kicked out after the first few minutes every time..

Post by Micbusch »

Hi all,

I’m trying to play PSO v2 US version on DC via BBA. I have the Sylverant patch CD and I can login and create games online.
My problem is that every time after creating a game, entering Ragol and killing the first 1-2 mobs I get kicked out :x
Every time!
Meaning I get this black screen and these four DC buttons turning for a while and then I get the message that I was disconnected.

Any suggestions what I could do? Router issue?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Getting kicked out after the first few minutes every time..

Post by BlueCrab »

That definitely seems like an issue with something on your network, either your router or something with the network settings on your DC.
Micbusch
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Micbusch »

I thought the boot CD overrules all network settings on the DC temporarily?

And if not, what are the correct settings on my DC?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The patcher disc only overwrites the address that the game tries to connect to in RAM. That’s the only network related change it makes — it doesn’t change any of your other settings at all.

If you are able to connect at all, likely the problem lies with your router and not the Dreamcast’s settings. One of the most common (and least well understood, technically) problems that the game has is that for some people, the game seems to require changing the MTU (maximum transmission unit or maximum packet size) on the router. Most people seem to find that a MTU of 1400 bytes fixes their issues with getting disconnected and such. I personally have never had to do this, so I can’t quite explain why some people have this problem and some do not...

For reference though, I usually just set my DC up through the website option on the US version of PSOv2. There, I give my Dreamcast a static IP on my network and set the other settings up accordingly. For me, that means the following:
IP Address: 192.168.1.203 (or similar)
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1 (my router has its own built-in DNS server; if yours doesn’t, you can use a public dns like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 ).