Character backup files PSO PC

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

transistor
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Character backup files PSO PC

Post by transistor »

Hello, just some questions regarding backing up character save files for PSO PC.

If I un-install the game, and re-install on a new or different machine, is there a way to save my character files and transfer them?

Also, if I use the server commands /save slot and /restore slot, I cannot transfer the character to another machine. It will only backup the character and machine it was saved with.

That's fine, but I noticed I can download the character file when I log into my account on sylverant.net. Is there a description of how to load these files?

Thank you
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Re: Character backup files PSO PC

Post by Aleron Ives »

Your saves are in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PhantasyStarOnline\Backup if you have the UAC enabled. Copy PSO___ COM, FLS, GUD, SYD, SYS to preserve your characters. As long as you use the same serials on the new PC, your old characters will load. You will need to create a dummy character first so you can register the serials, then swap in the old save files afterwards (unless you want to edit the registry).

You need to use the same serials on both PCs in order for /restore to work, but since it only gives you an incomplete backup, copying the save files is far superior.
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post:
Darwin777
"Fear the HUnewearl."