Transfer between memory cards

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

524PSO4LYFE
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Transfer between memory cards

Post by 524PSO4LYFE »

How does one Transfer their offline characters from a GameCube memory card to the SD Memory card to be used for online play. Is there a forum out there that talks about this? are there any risks of losing or corrupting character information? I have a lvl 141 and 120 I want to take online but scared to do anything with them until I know for-sure it will work! Thanks!

ps I am playing off my wii using the emulator and a normal SD card for the memory as of now
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Transfer between memory cards

Post by Aleron Ives »

Uh, you don't need to? If you're using Wii, you can use your physical memory cards in both offline and online modes.

You can use GCMM to move data between memory cards, but it isn't required.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
524PSO4LYFE
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by 524PSO4LYFE »

this is what ive been reading, but everytime i load up the game it creates a new character file, guildcard, and system file on my sd card instead of using the one already created on the memory card in slot A...
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

My understanding is that Devolution should only use the virtual memory card on the SD card if no physical memory card is connected. I don't know why it would ignore the physical memory card, unless maybe your card or the port is dirty? Can you load your character from slot A with Nintendont, or "normally" without using homebrew at all (i.e. by going into GC mode with the physical disc)? You might try cleaning the pins on your memory card with a cotton swap and rubbing alcohol.
"Fear the HUnewearl."