Rare Mags?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

renzokuken99
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rare Mags?

Post by renzokuken99 »

I'm new to the server, and haven't been able to play yet since I'm still working on getting a better connection (ethernet > wifi) and getting a usb keyboard, etc etc. But I'm wondering what is the stance on rare mags? I mean these ones: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?o ... &artid=853. Does this server feature the Holiday Rappies as originally programmed? I'm just wondering because that's the one area of the game I've never been able to play around in, and I have a lot of cool characters now I would love to customize with a classy mag. Furthermore it's completely cosmetic and harmless.

Side note: while I'm on the topic, for the 4th evolution mags which have the yellow/gold writing for their names (lv100+, need stats balanced 50-50), once I evolve a mag into one then will it stay locked as that mag even if I adjust the stats afterwards? I like some of these but don't necessarily like the requirements to get them, so doing it right at lv100 will leave some room to adjust stats back to usefulness.
(Guildcard: 20247)
Play on Gamecube via Wii
Highest level is HUmar lv130
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Rare Mags?

Post by Aleron Ives »

Once you get a fourth evolution, the Mag can't evolve again. Holiday Rappies are controlled by the client. All the server has to do is say "it's Easter/Halloween/Christmas" when you make a team, and the game takes care of the rest by replacing Love Rappy with Egg/Hallo/Saint Rappy.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
renzokuken99
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rare Mags?

Post by renzokuken99 »

Thanks for the reply. Everyone is always helpful here.

It’s also awesome to know I can go insane farming as many as possible come October/December! I’m making a character for each ID, so I got a lot of mouths to feed...
(Guildcard: 20247)
Play on Gamecube via Wii
Highest level is HUmar lv130