Line disconnect when trying to join a ship with people on

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

WookiePoo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Line disconnect when trying to join a ship with people on

Post by WookiePoo »

Hello I just managed to get online with dreampi
But every time I try to connect to a ship with people in the lobby I get line disconnected error.
Also every time I tried to join a game with another player I would get the same error.
People can join and leave me just not the other way around.

It's also corrupted my save 3 times now :(
I'm at a loss here.
Cheers
WookiePoo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Line disconnect when trying to join a ship with people on

Post by WookiePoo »

Ok so I think it was my GDEMU causing the issue I just burned a copy of Ives pso V2 EP and used my other Dreamcast and all seems to be ok for now, just gutted I post my char. (Using shared SN so can't use the servers backup)

Edit.
Nope still not working.
No matter what if anyone is in the lobby I get line disconnected right away and also whenever I try to join a game. I have tired Ives disc USA GDI and Japanese. Always the same problem.

Edit 2

I've been at this all day still getting nowhere I've tried my home broadband via ethernet and wifi and have tried tethering to my phone via WiFi so to me it seems like it can't be my internet connections. I've opened up my firewall on my home connection to the dreampi also. I have no clue how to fix this at all now :(

EDIT 3
FIXED IT!! changed my MTU size from 1500 to 1400 in my router and can connect!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Line disconnect when trying to join a ship with people on

Post by BlueCrab »

For some reason some people have that weird MTU problem, and some don't. I've personally never run into it myself, where others have had constant issues with it... :|

Glad that you got it sorted out, though.