Please help to a new player on DreamCast. Feeling like I am a noob :(

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Shayker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Please help to a new player on DreamCast. Feeling like I am a noob :(

Post by Shayker »

Hello everyone.

Sorry for asking probably too banal things but I spent 2 hours already surfing here and didn't get an explanation HOW TO PATCH THE GAME :)

I have DreamPi and it works great with all the other games but I am giving up with PSO.... I have the NTSC-U PSO v.2. I downloaded the .cdi Loader and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND what to do next... I burned it on a CD and inserted in the dreamcast but nothing happens. It recognises like an Audio CD with 1 track.
I read few topics and everywhere written that this thing have to patch the save file on a memory card somehow but I have no idea how.

Please, can somebody guide me because I really feel so bad already about this situation. I feel that solution is a "peace of cake" but I cannot understand how to patch the game.

Thanks in advance!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Please help to a new player on DreamCast. Feeling like I am a noob :(

Post by Aleron Ives »

How did you burn it? You need DiscJuggler or ImgBurn for CDI files usually. You can try burning my data/data version of BlueCrab's boot disc if the one on SourceForge didn't work: http://psopalace.sylverant.net/download ... er_2-0.zip
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Shayker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Shayker »

I am burning it in right way with ImgBurn. I have "early Japanese Dreamcast" without region lock, so I burned plenty of CDI's which works perfect, except this "Patch".

I will try now to burn your files.

Thanks
Last edited by Shayker on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shayker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Shayker »

Aleron Ives wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:00 pm How did you burn it? You need DiscJuggler or ImgBurn for CDI files usually. You can try burning my data/data version of BlueCrab's boot disc if the one on SourceForge didn't work: http://psopalace.sylverant.net/download ... er_2-0.zip
Nope, it does not work either... Just doesn't boot. Asks to insert a game disk. I really do not understand what am I doing wrong. I can chip any retro console with closed eyes, but I cannot patch this game :)