Skype group for Dreamcast online

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Doctor Dan
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skype group for Dreamcast online

Post by Doctor Dan »

Skype group for dreamcast online. For times like now when its 5am and i'd like to play but nobody is online. I'd like to get a good portion of people who actively play to join. If you dont use skype, now would be a good time to sign up. Its not for social or voice chatting, though there is no rule; its for when you want to play, drop a message in the groupchat saying "Hey im on (insert game)"

How to use :

Install and signup for skype

Paste the following link into either internet explorer, or a skype chat:

Code: Select all

skype:?chat&blob=SE_4OWUoA1R4Iq3Z5WJ_qITOQvSROHWwbtvMZgXxRriDxEylsEaC1ukqaw28__rgABwA-e05R_rUCQ
When you want to play, message in group chat saying what you're playing and what time. All others in the group will be instantly notified

Invite others to join the group. The more people who are in the group, the faster you will get other players and the more likely it is you will get a full game.

(optional) Install smartphone app. This makes it easier for you to notify others you're online, or be notified by others

While open social talking among other players has no rule, try to keep it to a minimum. It notification spams other users and people start leaving after extensive chat sessions. Se be respectful 8)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would eliminate forum scheduling, which never really works or takes a while. With enough people one could drop a message in chat and have a full game going in minutes opposed to waiting hours/days for forum replies

Edit : Newer link https://join.skype.com/qskhawCKNFc3
Last edited by Doctor Dan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Re: Skype group for easier game scheduling

Post by lazareth »

Is this for dreamcast/PC only? If so, could you put that in the title or make it explicitly clear?

Lovely idea though, I might see about doing something similar for GameCube/Wii
Doctor Dan
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: Skype group for Dreamcast online

Post by Doctor Dan »

Updated with newer skype link. 50 people now, it'd be cool to at least double that
Sir Rappington
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Sir Rappington »

Posting here just to say that I'd totally be behind a GC Skype group if one should ever form up. Although in practice, I don't play that often and just casually, anyway, so I make no guarantee of being on with any regularity. :P
Old GC player from ~05-08, casually playing a new set of chars on Dolphin. Messages over Discord will find me fastest :)

Capt.Durple (RAmar, high ult lvl)
LaserLemon (HUnewearl, high ult)
Winterleaf (FOmarl, mid ult)
Pocket Tank (HUcaseal, mid ult)
Tin Can Dan (RAcast, mid ult)
Dr. NOPE (FOnewm, mid ult)
OliverLeo (HUmar, low ult)
Firebolt (RAmarl, low ult)
DivineArbor (FOmar, VH)
Moonbow (FOnewearl, VH)
Zandengoff
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Zandengoff »

I have been trying to join this group, but when I click the links, I connect to an untitled conversation with the message (You have been removed from this conversation and will not be able to join.) in the chat box. I have been using skype for a while but this is the first group chat I have joined outside of group calls with contacts.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Zandergoff do you have access to an android phone or iphone? I had to use my phone in order to join the conversation. Even using the web based skype I couldnt join with my account.