Odd camera bug

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Odd camera bug

Post by FaithY »

Last night during a MA run something quite odd happened-- the camera stopped following me and began following another player. Is this a known bug? I filmed a couple minutes of this happening if anyone is interested in seeing the bug.
:mrgreen:
al281442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Re: Odd camera bug

Post by al281442 »

On the Dreamcast this can be controlled with a gamepad plugged into the third port.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You have to use the controller plugged into port 2, not port 3, but it doesn't work during quests, anyway. I don't know why this would happen during FMA.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

Interesting.. How do you spectate other players in free play mode?

Edit: it's done by pressing L, R, and Up (on d pad) simultaneously
:mrgreen:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If you don't press the directional pad, you can use the joystick to position the camera for better screenshots. IIRC X zooms out and A zooms in, too. This works pretty much anywhere, but viewing another player's camera only works in Forest, Cave, Mine, and Ruins when you're not in a quest. The camera also resets back to you every time the person you're watching uses a Warp, which is annoying.

The tricks also work on PC, but most players don't have two controllers of the same type set up in such a way that PSO will recognise both of them to enable the feature.
"Fear the HUnewearl."