New Player

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Player

Post by sixtenbruce »

Hey guys! I'm a big fan on PSO! I have been playing the game since it came out back in the dreamcast days! But I could never go online then. I've been playing some PSOBB on jupiter but this is my first time online on my gamecube! So you can imagine I've longed for this moment =) If you wanna play I'm mostly gonna be online with my Greenill Ranger Luke! Have a good time everybody!
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: New Player

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

GC players sometimes do appear in tiny little groups, but random players appear aswell, you can mention when you will be online (stating timezone) and maybe randoms will see your post and join aswell.
Welcome Btw.
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Ok I will check during which beats I play. I guess most people here play PSO version 2 on dreamcast? My dreamcast is in good shape but I don't have a broadband adapter, do I need that? thanks by the way it's nice to here!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Most of the people around do tend to play on the Dreamcast version or the original PC version (which is pretty much fully-compatible with the Dreamcast one). As has already been said though, there are Gamecube players around, but it probably would help if they knew when they'd be able to find others on the server. :wink:

As for a Broadband Adapter, you don't necessarily need one, if you have a PC with a modem (or a dialup ISP and a land-line phone) you could have your Dreamcast dial into. It's a bit of work to get it set up initially, but many people use that method (dialing into a PC, that is) to get on PSO these days. It's definitely a lot cheaper to get set up, even if you have to buy a modem for your PC.
68kdude
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by 68kdude »

Hi sixtenbruce,

I'm sure I saw you online last night. I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks so you should see me about most nights.

What timezone are you in?

Edit : As I can't get on the Vega Ship I'll be on Iselia or Altimira .
PSO Character:

Electron - lvl 172 RAcaseal - GC# 13874
Kasworon - lvl 144 HUmar - GC# 13874
Yucchan - lvl 130 FOnewearl - GC# 13874
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Hey I was on the Iselia ship, my timezone is +1 but I haven't looked up during which beats I play mostly though!
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Hey BlueCrab! a dial up phone is not gonna happen for me though. I only use my cellular phone. So my question is this: does the broadband adapter work for european consoles or do have to buy a US or Jp console?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The broadband adapter works just fine with any region's consoles. The European version of PSO doesn't have the configuration tool for the BBA, but it'll work just fine with it once it is configured.
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

I'm gonna keep looking for a dreamcast broadband adapter is available for a better price then now though... Until then I'll be playing Online on my Gamecube! I play mostly during internet time 100-300!
al281442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by al281442 »

We've been playing recently, your Ranger Luke and my Force Al.

BlueCrab wrote:The European version of PSO doesn't have the configuration tool for the BBA, but it'll work just fine with it once it is configured.
Just take note that configuration won't necessarily work with the same browser tools as described in guides written by US players. Maybe the information isn't stored in the exact same way.
As far as I recall a newer version of the XDP browser should do it. I'm not quite sure if even by using a US v2 the settings for playing with a EU version can be written. I have tried that but it's been too long ago for me to remember the result.

I just got home from nightshift this morning. Maybe I'll be online tonight or tomorrow.
A Merry Christmas to all of you.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Using USv2 to set the broadband adapter settings works just fine. That's how I always set it up, anyway. :wink:
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

I do the same thing :) I play using the PALv2 but have USv2 to set up the settings
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I have never used XDP, and my copy of EUv2 respects the BBA settings I configured with USv2.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
al281442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by al281442 »

PlanetWeb or DreamPassport wouldn't work I think.
I have done it with XDP but I'll probably use my US v2 in the future, too.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

PW 3.0 supports the BBA, but I've never tried it since USv2 works fine.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Ok nice to know. Right now the BBA adapters for dreamcast cost too much for me though...
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

sixtenbruce wrote:Ok nice to know. Right now the BBA adapters for dreamcast cost too much for me though...
Last I checked $150-200 USD was the going price of them. I paid $250 USD before shipping because I was in a rush to get one.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Every once in a while you can find one that goes cheaper, sometimes a lot more so if you find it in a lot with other items (and the person listing it doesn't make a big deal of there being a BBA in the lot). You just have to keep an eye out. :wink:
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Be careful though. The first one I bought was listed as a BBA and it was instead a Lan adapter which is only compatible with one browser and no games :P Luckily I was able to get my money back and I thought I had scored... getting a bba for $100 lol. That was why I was in a rush to get one...
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Heh doesn't sound no good. Hopefully I'll have myself a BBA adapter for dc soon...