PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Post by AmonX »

Lee wrote:but i already have a working pmt builder for both gc and bb lol. Well knock yourself out i guess.
Are they readily available for people to download? I know the BB one is or at least old versions of it 0.3 and 100a

And if I do it lee it will be for the learning experience :D
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Lee wrote:I could have sworn schthacks old unitext editor which my code is based on, read console version files, i just didn't include the ability to in my program, prob wouldn't be too hard to implement though.
Did you ever check to see if the unitext editor could read the dreamcast version? I can't seem to get a forum account so I cant download anything from the schthack forums.
Lee wrote:but i already have a working pmt builder for both gc and bb lol. Well knock yourself out i guess.
Are they readily available for people to download? I know the BB one is or at least old versions of it 0.3 and 100a. Did you post the updated PMT builder with the bug fixes?

And if I do it lee it will be for the learning experience :D
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

Oh i know my unitext editor can't open dc files, i striped out the console code since it was targeted at blueburst specifically for users on schtserv, I could return the console code, as ives said it read psox files and adapt it to read psodc pretty easily prob. All the text files are, are pointers and text it's really easy to read anyway though. But then most of pso's files are easy to read when you know how, and well i spent quite some time figuring that out lol a very long time ago.

Schtserv doesn't like some email addresses because we where getting spammed from certain providers so they are locked out i think so it will never reply with an activation to some.

I don't specifically hide my programs for no reason btw, the public variant of my pmt editor is an editor because the nightmare of trying to explain to people how to alter the clients etc, textures models to add new items did not really appeal to me.

The psogc is not public anywhere because no one has ever really asked for it it also works on psox, and is amusing to add bb weapons to psox (i could show you some screen caps some time of that), much like the dc one, only ives had any use for it. Remember my tools are not specifically for reading, I handle actually editing and rebuilding them. If you want to see data lol posting an xml or csv is usually easier for the average user.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do something if you don't want to, there have been other people who have used my programs to make their own, that is just par for the course, it's always easier when someone else shows you how. I looked at your code and basically saw plain text implementation of data which can easily be read and kinda though what's the point, i can make a website do that lol.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Yeah the plain text implementation was so that my program would be useful right off the bat and with the display stuff out of the way I could easily change to dealing with the files directly.

I only mentioned your other editors because Ives had mentioned it to me. Fixing some bugs with what I am assuming is the V2 PMT builder but they were never posted. I am guessing he wants it and as you say he is the only one currently with a use for them all :) at least on this end as I am sure there are plenty of uses for them on Schthack.

I do see your point though your editors handle editing and rebuilding and I just display it. That was my goal though. It also would be better as a website but all my web dev stuff is extremely outdated (back when html frames were acceptable) . It would be nice to learn by handling reading directly and possibly even allowing editing and rebuilding but there is no point since your tools handle those and do it well. I just thought being able to open up the files directly would be the next logical step but I do not know if anyone would even use that feature. I keep asking people what I should add and everyone just shrugs.

If pso-world had accurate data I wouldn't have even made this :) also I did have a schthack account before and I have the emails to prove it lol but yeah my account was pruned. I most likely stopped posting because I switched here because last I checked playing v2 on schthack was broken
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by eleriaqueen »

Wow, very nice project AmonX.

Will you add PSOGC (Ep. 1&2) and / or BB support as well (at some point in the future)?

One suggestion is better display of data inside the right panel. (Underlined "title" / Colored Section ID / Bold-typed two first class letters) For instance :

Classes
HUcast HUmar HUnewearl RAcast RAcaseal RAmar FOmarl FOnewm FOnewearl

Description
A sword with "DB" carved into the hilt. Can use TP to launch a strong special attack.

Drop Information
Hard Viridia Hildebear 1/1024
Hard Viridia Hildeblue 1/2
Hard Skyly Grass Assassin 1/1171
Hard Pinkal Hildebear 1/1024
Hard Pinkal Hildeblue 1/2
Hard Redria Grass Assassin 1/2341
Hard Oran Hildebear 1/1024
Hard Oran Hildeblue 1/2
Hard Yellowboze Claw 1/11703
Very Hard Bluefull Guil Shark 1/621
Very Hard Redria Guil Shark 1/621
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

I specifically used a fixed width non-formatted font in order for the mag tables to line up properly. However I really like your idea :)
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Just updated :) fixed a few bugs I just noticed
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

eleriaqueen wrote:One suggestion is better display of data inside the right panel. (Underlined "title" / Colored Section ID / Bold-typed two first class letters)
Done and done new version up :D
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by eleriaqueen »

Nice work ! :)
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by eleriaqueen »

Hey AmonX, if you're still interested in reading from game files, tofuman @ Tethealla forums released ItemPMT.bin file structure. This should be applicable to other versions than BlueBurst as well (pointers seem to be stored at the same places in GC ItemPMT for instance)

Here's the link : http://www.pioneer2.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Oh... That's a nice holiday present there. :grin:

Not necessarily for AmonX's program, but for my own use in Sylverant. Always good to be able to supplement what I already had known and to ensure what I have matches up with what everyone else has. :grin:
eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by eleriaqueen »

Ohh, and here I thought there was a secret PSO hacking club that shared such info with members and that you were part of it BlueCrab ! :3
w8prouser1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by w8prouser1 »

Hello hunters! I was here observing and researching information about game modifications and I saw that there are a variety of interesting programs to do this, however, I could not find one that modifies the drop rate, only in other ways such as weapons and experience, by chance, someone would have this program around here?
I would love to be able to test these modifications in offline mode.