PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by Nico0020 »

stellaloveslunafreya wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:35 am
So, it isn't possible for me to connect to the Sylverant server simply through the DC's modem itself? It NEEDS to be through this DreamPi setup? So, in other words, if I want to play online and access all the online-exclusive stuff (which is a considerable portion of the game), I'd need to pay around $100 for the DreamPi stuff to be able to do so?

The Dreamcast modem is 56K. If you have a phone line to use 56K with in this day and age you don't need to really buy anything. But if you only have access to modern broadband internet, you will need a DreamPI or a BBA.

You have three options to forward the game to the Sylverant server via the standard 56K modem out of the box:

1. Use a code breaker code found here - https://sylverant.net/connecting-to-sylverant/
2. Burn the PSO patcher disc to a CD-R and use with an official PSO disc found here - http://dreamcastlive.net/files/pso_patcher-2.0-cdi.zip
3. Burn the prepatched PSO version to a CD-R and play like that. There is a torrent out there for that.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Another question about this server. Are PSOBB or EP3 support actively in dev? If so how is that going? V2 is my bread and butter forever, but in the end I'd love to see this the server for all things PSO. Hopefully PSOX can join us one day if that insigna project ever comes to fruition.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Schthack has said he will help BlueCrab implement Episode III when it's fully working, but we have no idea when that will be. Neither BB nor E3 are being worked on here right now. There are tons of options for BB already, and where BB goes, PSO Drama™ always follows.
stellaloveslunafreya wrote:So, it isn't possible for me to connect to the Sylverant server simply through the DC's modem itself?
If you're still paying for a landline and a dial-up ISP every month, then sure, you can connect without DreamPi. Most people don't like the monthly fees, so they prefer to pay once to set up DreamPi. You can also set up your own DC-PC server using a Linux VM if you don't want to buy a Pi, but you still need the USB voice modem. Buying a BBA is more expensive but also offers the easiest setup. Playing PSO PC is free and lets you play with DC players, too.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Oliver
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Oliver »

Just got a panzer tail mag.

What should I feed it? Dimates and go for power?

I’m a racast and would like to get twins
SeBassi87
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by SeBassi87 »

stellaloveslunafreya wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:35 am
BlueCrab wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:43 pm The easiest way to get up and running with a modem on the Dreamcast version is to use a DreamPi setup. Basically, you can rig your modem up to a Raspberry Pi computer with a specific (modified) USB modem and use that to connect to online games. Basically, google for "DreamPi", and you should find more information on that setup. There is a guy that does sell pre-made kits on the Dreamcast-Live website, although I'm not sure if he has any available right now.

If you are using a Japanese version 1 or 2 (or US version 2) of the game, you will need to use some sort of patch for the game to get it to connect to the server. The recommended way to do so is to use the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc. You will need to burn it to a CD-R and boot your Dreamcast with it every time you want to play PSO (and swap in your PSO disc when it asks). Unfortunately, this is required for either Japanese release of the game (version 1 or version 2). The other option is to use a CodeBreaker to patch the game every time you boot it as well, but this has a bunch of downsides to it (like the game detecting your cheats file and stopping any rare items from appearing) and isn't generally recommended.
So, it isn't possible for me to connect to the Sylverant server simply through the DC's modem itself? It NEEDS to be through this DreamPi setup? So, in other words, if I want to play online and access all the online-exclusive stuff (which is a considerable portion of the game), I'd need to pay around $100 for the DreamPi stuff to be able to do so?
The oldschool way ist still working fine for me. I Connected the original Dreamcast modem cable to my router (Fritz box) and I use a dial Up number which ist free because of my Phone Flatrate. No dreampi,No bba,No costs.
TrekkiesUnite118
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TrekkiesUnite118 »

Not sure if this belongs here or in the suggestions thread, but I was wondering if it would be possible at all to add the Episode 1 and 2 Government Quests from Blue Burst to the servers Quest lists? I think some servers in the past have had them available to at least Gamecube players, so they do at least work on that version. I'm not sure if the Episode 1 quests will work on Dreamcast though.

If they could be made available though I think it would be a nice bonus as they did add a bit of story to the game.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It's one of the many projects on my to do list. I got most of the way through cleaning up the Episode I quests, but that's still less than half way done. They work on GC but not DC, which is why I made the Hero & Daughter government compilation quest for DC.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Holsten
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Holsten »

I started a new character on psov1 continued on psov2 and tried to go online via bba but non of my serial numbers work. two of my old characters i created years ago the same way go online just fine does anybody know the problem?

Edit: i found the problem no need to reply
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

I have a horrible question to ask =3 but still I will do... a few years ago I played a PsoV2 version made... adapted to the cell phone... that... that game it can be connected to sylverant server *_* or it's just an offline version?
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Old Kid
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Old Kid »

legit nyck wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:01 pm I have a horrible question to ask =3 but still I will do... a few years ago I played a PsoV2 version made... adapted to the cell phone... that... that game it can be connected to sylverant server *_* or it's just an offline version?
I have a tutorial for getting PSOV2 / Sylverant working on Android using the Flycast emulator here:
https://www.old-kid.com/pso

let me know if you have any questions. It's been a minute since I worked on it, but it should be thorough enough to step you through what you need.

Oh, and yes it works online with other players ;)
These users thanked the author Old Kid for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Woow thank you Old Kid
Rico Tyrell
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Rico Tyrell »

Could someone please tell me how to copy the stickers using the common functions in the pso version pc? I remember something about having to leave an option like TRUE or FALSE but I don't really remember how to copy a stickers of anothers players...thanks advice :wink:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If you mean Symbol Chat, you have to set the capture setting to true when you're in the menu for editing the Symbol Chat. After you enable capturing, use the symbol, and other players will be able to capture it by selecting Capture as the face type. You can't capture other people's symbols unless they enable capturing first.
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post (total 2):
Rico Tyrelllegit nyck
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Rico Tyrell
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Rico Tyrell »

yes is this thank you very much...my english is very bad I'm latin girl...in my last message I used one translate bad idea...hey I have another issue how hability my old skin from Tyrell? or it is only habilited by game masters? how encounter one game master in the game? coloured name ? arrow? how diferenci one normal player of one game master? thank you again
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Rico Tyrell wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:34 am yes is this thank you very much...my english is very bad I'm latin girl...in my last message I used one translate bad idea...hey I have another issue how hability my old skin from Tyrell? or it is only habilited by game masters? how encounter one game master in the game? coloured name ? arrow? how diferenci one normal player of one game master? thank you again
color name, arrow in the head, npc's nothing is allowed in sylverant now rico
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You can use /arrow # to give yourself an arrow in the lobby.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/eVybmvo
a doubt to continue playing I still need to keep these two applications and their contents?
Rico Tyrell
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Rico Tyrell »

I no need arrow command thanks ;D only my skin from Rico but I readed this is not allowed no problem
Keith_mild_aspergers
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Keith_mild_aspergers »

Hi not sure if this was asked before while trying to connect using /tlogin token using account which I've created from sylverant.. keeps coning up login failed. Also this.

Your serial number and access key, as well as communications to the server may be shared with third parties <--- i understand connecting to a ship but saying can share my serial number and access to other sites?

Thank you for reading.
Chracter: Retrokeith ranger
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

To use /tlogin (or /login), you must have the serial/access key registered on the website. Ensure that the guild card number that the game is showing in the in-game menu under Chat -> Guild Card -> My Card matches what the website shows for the serial/access key you are using.

Also, /tlogin requires you to generate a token on the website, are you trying to use it with your password instead? If you are trying to use your username and password from the website, you should use /login instead of /tlogin.

The point of that line in the privacy policy is that not all ships are run on the same server or by me. Palmacosta and Vega are run by third parties and you will need to consult with them as to what their privacy policy is.