PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by tueidj »

I'm not sure any non-plus JP version exists besides 1.02, that's the only version listed on redump besides the trials and it's also the only JP version that MIOS (Nintendo's software that launches GC games on wiis) looks for in its patching routines (besides Plus/v1.05).
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

hi to play pso v1 or v2 using my dreamcast i need to put the sylverant dns number in the xpd or not? another question about the cd ives sylverant auto connect hosted in [website removed] using this cdi is possible connect in sylverant ?
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If you're using a legitimate copy of PSO on a GD-ROM, then you should boot with the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc, and it will handle the rest. No other odd Internet settings are needed, just set them as you would normally do. With PSOv2 US (along with v1 and v2 of the Japanese version), you will need to use some sort of boot disc or codebreaker anyway to disable the hunter's license check, so you might as well just use the official Sylverant boot disc.

If you're using a modem with a real dialup ISP, most of the time the DNS settings are ignored, so you will have to use some other method to get the correct server address (like the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc). If you're using the BBA with any version without a hunter's license check (v1 US, v1 EU, v2 EU), then just putting the Sylverant IP address in as a DNS will work, but I'd still recommend using the PSO Patcher disc (and using your normal DNS server or a public DNS like 8.8.4.4).

As for the second part of your question, discussion of pirated versions of the game is against the rules here.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

thanks for the explanation ;-)
viper2g1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by viper2g1 »

Hi, I am trying to connect and play with a friend who is already on the server. I am using Dolphin and configured the BBA and used openVPN to bridge my connection. I entered the DNS server as shown in the connection page of the website. I logged in using the credentials shown in the Manage guildcards page. I get a DNS error when I try to connect, though sometimes it seems that the connection goes thru after the "hickup" in the loading screen but then dolphin crashes. How can I get online?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

What version of Windows are you using? The OpenVPN TAP adapter works best with Windows 7; if you're using Windows 8, I've read that it is a lot less stable, and it doesn't work with Windows 10 at all.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
viper2g1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by viper2g1 »

Aleron Ives wrote:What version of Windows are you using? The OpenVPN TAP adapter works best with Windows 7; if you're using Windows 8, I've read that it is a lot less stable, and it doesn't work with Windows 10 at all.
I use Windows 8.1. I have gotten used to the fact that the tap adapter is not always connected. I try to connect once and it gives me a dns error while it connects to the internet. The second attempt directly after that if even it seems to succeed but dolphin crashes.

The crash from dolphin seems to be stackhash_2264 and bex64. I tried looking for solutions and turned off DEP but that didn't help. I'm hoping anyone may have any solutions?

Cpu: i7-6700k
Mobo: z170x-ud5
GPU: 980ti

All drivers up to date.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Welcome to the DCEmulation forums Viper2g1.
viper2g1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by viper2g1 »

DanteJay wrote:Welcome to the DCEmulation forums Viper2g1.
Thank you! Happy new year!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

AFAIK the only cheap solution is to dual boot with Linux and run Dolphin under an OS with better TAP support. You could also install Windows 7, but Dolphin's BBA emulation is pretty bad under Windows, so PSO still crashes quite a bit, especially when you try to load quests.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Sir Rappington
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Sir Rappington »

Aleron Ives wrote:Dolphin's BBA emulation is pretty bad under Windows, so PSO still crashes quite a bit, especially when you try to load quests.
I feel like it needs to be said that you can always make memory card backups for this purpose, since Dolphin's memory card files are easily copied just like any other file. It's a hell of a lot less hassle than duping for resoration purposes, IMO.
Old GC player from ~05-08, casually playing a new set of chars on Dolphin. Messages over Discord will find me fastest :)

Capt.Durple (RAmar, high ult lvl)
LaserLemon (HUnewearl, high ult)
Winterleaf (FOmarl, mid ult)
Pocket Tank (HUcaseal, mid ult)
Tin Can Dan (RAcast, mid ult)
Dr. NOPE (FOnewm, mid ult)
OliverLeo (HUmar, low ult)
Firebolt (RAmarl, low ult)
DivineArbor (FOmar, VH)
Moonbow (FOnewearl, VH)
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Yeah, it's easy to recover from these crashes; it's just really irritating and time consuming to be ready to start a run with people and then crash and have to dink around with restoration instead of just getting to play the quest the first time you select it.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

I seem to be getting a strange error. I try to connect and I get Error 127, Wrong password. This has never happened to me before, what exactly does it mean? I haven't changed any settings from yesterday which was the last time I was online. Or is something going on with the server.

EDIT: Seems to be working now, not sure what caused this.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Kayak wrote:I seem to be getting a strange error. I try to connect and I get Error 127, Wrong password. This has never happened to me before, what exactly does it mean? I haven't changed any settings from yesterday which was the last time I was online. Or is something going on with the server.

EDIT: Seems to be working now, not sure what caused this.
I was doing some testing on the login server. Nothing to be concerned with. :wink:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

how to use my id and acess key generated in the main page sylverant ? my pso is ver 1 us. dreamcast. Aaahh another issue because the lobby no have sound ??
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Serial number and access key generation is for PSO PC only. You need the serials from your game case if you want to register your DC copy on the site, as registering shared serials is forbidden.

I've gotten the bug with no lobby music, too, but switching lobbies or connecting again seems to fix it.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

thank you but I think it's too late .... I tried to put my guild card with serial and access to sonic team numbers and I have just been informed that it is forbidden and will be banned but ... I do not know that
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote:thank you but I think it's too late .... I tried to put my guild card with serial and access to sonic team numbers and I have just been informed that it is forbidden and will be banned but ... I do not know that
If you've put in "your" numbers and gotten that message, then "your" numbers aren't actually yours. That means you've tried to register a shared serial, which, as has already been mentioned is not allowed on the server. Attempting to do so once and being blocked will not result in a ban. Habitual repeat offenders will be banned, however.

You need a legitimate copy of PSO and the serial numbers that came along with it in order to register your serial number to your account.

If you actually have a legitimate copy of PSO and used the serial number/access key that originally came with it, and got that message, then you should contact me in private to resolve the situation. I'll (of course) need photographic proof that the actual copy of the game that the serials you're using is in your possession to fix it for you.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

some will try to explain what really happened here
when I put my gd in dreamcast appears only an information message
and soon after a screen with my isp number I just hooked me did not have to do anything
but I was wanting to use my serial sylverant
I did not know that serial worked only in version 2
and the serial and the access key I found nothing on the cover of my gd
I looked in relief and put the numbers who saw it and the message appeared
I'll try to get a better cell phone and send photos of this number for you because the device you use has a camera of 1 megapixel ,
I have no intention of cheating was actually hard for me to get an original disc dreamcast and now that I finally managed not want to be banned for something I did without any intention of malice :wink:

numbers in the GD IFPIL433 *1S* 51100B 77777777 B B3
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Hi Bluecrab.

I spoken with Legit Nyck about it, and finally understood the root of the issue.

He purchased a dreamcast and a PSO v1, and both work and connect ok. However his CD case had the cradle replaced and lost the SN/AK. Luckily his Dreamcast already had the SN/AK registerd to the internal memory and it seems to work ok. He said his dreamcast never asked for SN/AK. He also sent me the pictures from his box and GD-ROM, all seems to be in order. Let me know if you want those forwarded to you.

What he was trying to do was to register his guildcard to his own account on Sylverant website, however for the lack of the correct number, he said he typed a number that was engraved to the inner rim of his GD Rom (????????????????? :o ) and upon registration it displayed the shared serial ban warning.

It's my understanding that linking a Dreamcast SN/AK to a Sylverant website account is optional and purely for convenience of managing your friends, saves, etc.

I instructed him to not worry about it and just enjoy the game on DC.

Let me know how we should proceed otherwise.
Thank you.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.