PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by Aleron Ives »

The /save and /restore commands have no effect on your bank. The only way you'd lose one ring and have two of the other kind is if you did /save when the Yellow Ring was in your inventory while the White Ring was in your bank, and then you did /restore when the White Ring was in your inventory while the Yellow Ring was in your bank. Using /restore wipes your current inventory and replaces it with whatever you had when you used /save, so you can both lose items and duplicate items that way.

As for the common bank, Sylverant still doesn't do item tracking, so it's impossible to implement a server-side bank yet.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Tymek
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tymek »

This might be a bad question but:
Does anyone know where I can download the PC version of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Ver.2?
In my possesion:
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE I & II (Gamecube)

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE III:
C.A.R.D. Revolution (Gamecube)

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
NETWORK TRIAL EDITION (Dreamcast)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Tymek wrote:This might be a bad question but:
Does anyone know where I can download the PC version of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Ver.2?
Technically, discussing that is against the rules, so my standard response is that you should install it from your own retail copy of the game.

But I hear there's this awesome site called PSO Palace with all kinds of PSO-related information and tools. :wink:
Tymek
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Tymek »

BlueCrab wrote:
Tymek wrote:This might be a bad question but:
Technically, discussing that is against the rules, so my standard response is that you should install it from your own retail copy of the game.

But I hear there's this awesome site called PSO Palace with all kinds of PSO-related information and tools. :wink:
Thanks! ;)
Now I need help since PSOv2PC keeps crashing upon startup... :( Please help? I'm using Windows 8.1
In my possesion:

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Are you using window mode? If so, is your display depth set to 32-bit colour? If you have 32 as an option, you must use it. If you only have 16 and 24-bit options options, then you must use 16.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Tymek
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Tymek »

Aleron Ives wrote:Are you using window mode? If so, is your display depth set to 32-bit colour? If you have 32 as an option, you must use it. If you only have 16 and 24-bit options options, then you must use 16.
I am using window mode. And, I don't know.
In my possesion:

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Treamcaster wrote:-Bug report-

Ship tested: Altimira
Quest: Endless Nightmare 4
Server commands used: /sdrops

Issue: /sdrops command gives no badges as reward for quest completion.
This is fixed now. Thanks for the report. :)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Is Gallons shop available? If so, what do you have to complete in order to get access?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

To use the Gallon's Shop quest on Gamecube, you must be in an episode 2 team. Then, it should show up in the Shops category at the quest selection screen.
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

thx BlueCrab
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Damn it! The screen froze and I lost my Final Impact + 50... and all of my non-equipped items... lost my 99 photon drops...
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Backing up your save is the 1st thing you should do before doing anything really
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

How do I do that Kireek?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You can also shop dupe your weapons so that you have spares for after you FSOD. It's probably easier to back up your save if you use a Wii with homebrew, but I think GCARS-CS allows you to make backups on GC.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

I have a Wii but the things you speak about Aleron is way to advanced for me =/
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

You can also use the save and restore commands on the server.
You save, do your things and if something goes wrong you can simply go to the the lobby, restore and then exit the game to save the inventory.

If you restore and then join a game, i believe the restored inventory is lost, but i'm not sure. In anycase just restore and then quit game, come back online and repeat the procedures.

/save [slot] -- Save the current character data to the server for backup purposes. [slot] is required and can be between 1 and 4 (inclusive). This command can only be executed in a default lobby, not a game lobby. This command is not valid for Blue Burst clients.

/restore [slot] -- Restore the character data from the given slot on the server (saved previously with /save). Be careful when using this command as PSOPC doesn't seem to like you restoring a character that isn't the same as the one you came on the game with. [slot] is required and can be between 1 and 4 (inclusive). This command can only be executed in a default lobby, not a game lobby. This command is not valid for Blue Burst clients.

Ignore the post as this doesn't apply to GC, that info of exclusivity for DC and PC isn't mentioned. An oversight it seems.
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The /save and /restore commands do not work on GC, so they are useless to sixtenbruce.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

BlueCrab wrote:Most of the people around do tend to play on the Dreamcast version or the original PC version (which is pretty much fully-compatible with the Dreamcast one). As has already been said though, there are Gamecube players around, but it probably would help if they knew when they'd be able to find others on the server. :wink:

As for a Broadband Adapter, you don't necessarily need one, if you have a PC with a modem (or a dialup ISP and a land-line phone) you could have your Dreamcast dial into. It's a bit of work to get it set up initially, but many people use that method (dialing into a PC, that is) to get on PSO these days. It's definitely a lot cheaper to get set up, even if you have to buy a modem for your PC.
I'm actually willing to test this version now due to the fact I hardly meet any people on Gamecube... I mean the original PC version. Can you download it here somewhere or how do get hold of that version of the game?
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I was actually unsure if they worked, because sadly i couldn't find any info on the faq about it, i probably missed it.
There seems to be options of command only for PSO PC, but no info about what works or not for GC.

As trivial as this may sound, adding what works or not for GC would be recommended, one cannot guess.
I'm actually suprised someone knew if this worked or not for GC and yet, didn't tell anyone to update or add that info to the faq.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:I was actually unsure if they worked, because sadly i couldn't find any info on the faq about it, i probably missed it.
There seems to be options of command only for PSO PC, but no info about what works or not for GC.

As trivial as this may sound, adding what works or not for GC would be recommended, one cannot guess.
I'm actually suprised someone knew if this worked or not for GC and yet, didn't tell anyone to update or add that info to the faq.
I thought it was already up on the command list, to be honest, considering it is pretty public knowledge. I'll add it. :wink:

By the way, the reason it doesn't work is nothing to do with the server itself, but rather that the Gamecube versions of the game prevent against reloading/overwriting character data in the lobby, which makes the process that is used to do the /restore non-functional. Technically, /save does work, just /restore doesn't (so there's no real reason to use /save). :wink:

EDIT: Added.