@BlueCrab

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Kinarivex
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

@BlueCrab

Post by Kinarivex »

I can't play PSOPC anymore TT^TT I dun work so can you make BB compatable with Sylverant?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: @BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

If it were that easy to make PSOBB work, it'd have been done a long time ago. :wink:

Simply put, PSOBB puts a lot more work on the server side, which requires a lot of new code in the server to handle it. I wouldn't expect Sylverant to fully support PSOBB any time soon (although I do make a little bit of progress every once in a while). Unfortunately, I don't have nearly as much time as people seem to think I do to work on things. Real Lifeâ„¢ tends to get in the way.

TL;DR: You'd probably be much better off fixing your problems with PSOPC than waiting for me to finish with PSOBB support.
Kinarivex

Post by Kinarivex »

BlueCrab wrote:If it were that easy to make PSOBB work, it'd have been done a long time ago. :wink:

Simply put, PSOBB puts a lot more work on the server side, which requires a lot of new code in the server to handle it. I wouldn't expect Sylverant to fully support PSOBB any time soon (although I do make a little bit of progress every once in a while). Unfortunately, I don't have nearly as much time as people seem to think I do to work on things. Real Lifeâ„¢ tends to get in the way.

TL;DR: You'd probably be much better off fixing your problems with PSOPC than waiting for me to finish with PSOBB support.
I'll just wait for PSO2...I will not ever be able to run PSOPC again unless I wipe my HD and I'm tired of doing that...
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

@kinarivex. You could always buy a dc ;) I got mine for 5 dollars and it hasn't had any trouble running Phantasy Star Online for 330+ hours :P
:mrgreen:
Kinarivex

Post by Kinarivex »

FaithY wrote:@kinarivex. You could always buy a dc ;) I got mine for 5 dollars and it hasn't had any trouble running Phantasy Star Online for 330+ hours :P
If only that was possible for me TT^TT I'd love my old DC back. I have it for the GC but my char is Lv 187 and i REALLY dun wanna restart...

Does anyone know any programs/things PSOPC does not like/is incompatible with? Vague is good u.u
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

what exactly is going wrong with your current install of PSO PC? I know I had lots of problems when installing it for the first time, and I got through with a well working install. If you can explain the problems you are experiencing, maybe we can help you get it up and running without having to reformat your computer. It's always worth a shot isn't it?
Hello, I'm your signature, and I love you.
Kinarivex

Post by Kinarivex »

1RandomGamer wrote:what exactly is going wrong with your current install of PSO PC? I know I had lots of problems when installing it for the first time, and I got through with a well working install. If you can explain the problems you are experiencing, maybe we can help you get it up and running without having to reformat your computer. It's always worth a shot isn't it?
I'm afraid you really can't. This isn't a new problem. It's extremely recurring...
There's literally no difference in my PSO from way back when it ran, and when I ran it months later. It's a incompatability error between PSO and something I have installed on my computer. I'd rather not uninstall everything cause I'd be better off reformatting.
There's nothing wrong with it. I start it the way I've done for years, the black windowed box comes up as normal then crashes every single time. No error code, no nothing. 5 seconds after launching it crashes. It's NOT my pso folder/files cause it never changes. It's either my registry or an installed program.
I know PSOPC like the back of my hand, only this problem is almost impossible to fix. I've been asking about this for years. My problem is Unique to the whole world. No one else has this problem or if they do it's gone unanswered.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Are you running the game via its autorun.exe or by some kind of launcher (online_offline.exe type thing)? Perhaps try using the other one of the two?

Dunno what good it'll do, but it can't hurt to try, right?
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

that's pretty much the way I see it BlueCrab. I also agree with trying the alternative launcher, I know it worked for me. I use it whenever I play PSOPC.
Hello, I'm your signature, and I love you.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

That sounds like what happens when you try to run in window mode with your desktop set to the wrong colour depth. If your graphics card supports 32-bit colour, you must use that setting. If you can only use up to 24-bit colour, you must downgrade to 16-bit colour for window mode to work, or PSO will just instantly close when you try to launch it.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Kinarivex

Post by Kinarivex »

BlueCrab wrote:Are you running the game via its autorun.exe or by some kind of launcher (online_offline.exe type thing)? Perhaps try using the other one of the two?

Dunno what good it'll do, but it can't hurt to try, right?
I have always used DeathRabbit's Launcher and It never failed me unless I stopped playing PSO for a few months while installing some things between stopping and starting again and when I launch it (Via any means possible) it crashes instantly.
It's not my loader for sure.

Edit: The Online_Offline.exe launcher I used to have was made by broomop and I deleted the damn thing so...
Last edited by Kinarivex on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinarivex

Post by Kinarivex »

Aleron Ives wrote:That sounds like what happens when you try to run in window mode with your desktop set to the wrong colour depth. If your graphics card supports 32-bit colour, you must use that setting. If you can only use up to 24-bit colour, you must downgrade to 16-bit colour for window mode to work, or PSO will just instantly close when you try to launch it.
My GFX card is a ATi Radeon 3200 HD...that's pretty much all I can tell you, I'm pretty sure it runs on 32-bit seeing how it's an HD GFX card...rye?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You can check the depth by right clicking on the desktop, selecting the properties, and looking at the tab for advanced settings, at least on XP and earlier.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

lol broomop this guy managed to turn it into something the server when the competitor not to say the name here I can not understand why he gave up and disappeared from the map but the truth is that broomop was very good in servers teathella :/
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

He is still active, providing tools to be used on schtserv, however, just like previous actions in wich profit is the main goal, his trainers/tools often contain trojans and malware and usually require ppl to answer online pools or to pay him in order to download it.
Uses some tricks such as registering another account and replying to his own topics to gain credibility.
He makes money that way and still tries as we speak to advertise his unique tools and server and uses tactics to make them more valuable such as attacking schtserv to advertise his better security server or discredit other trainer creators by teeling that his own tools are far better.

There will always be ppl that fall for his tricks, his server is one example, he doesn't require many ppl to play there, he just needs ppl to buy what he offers.

If help from him is requested i ask bluecrab to be carefull, he always has second intentions.
My sugestion is to ask either sodaboy or PSO eden staff team as they have plenty of ppl that know how to tweak the game, they have experience and are quite helpfull.