I Need some help

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

DeNono
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I Need some help

Post by DeNono »

I registered and got my SNAK so when i choose start game on the autorun.exe and i enter my SNAK and mail and click 'register' i get the verification screen and click 'yes' and get to the patch update it stops and gives me the following message "Could not connect to patchserver. please check the dns settings under networksettings and try again." so my question is: where do i find network settings and even more so, what am i doing wrong? causse i followed the readme and been looking around on the forum.

also when i run the online-offline.exe i can create and account but when i go online and choose a ship and dock it gives me the message that i've been banned from the server, but i didn't even play on it.

if anyone can help me out, i'd be a happy boy.

thanks in advance
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: I Need some help

Post by BlueCrab »

Did you replace the autorun.exe, online.exe, and pso.exe with ones that are patched to connect to Sylverant? If not, then that explains the issue with connecting to the patch server and probably also the issue with it saying you've been banned.

PSO will not save the SNAK into the registry properly until you can actually make a connection to the patch server, so the SNAK you put in won't be in effect until you can connect to the patch server for the first time.
DeNono
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DeNono »

i got it to work now and i'm online.

so how do i join a party or something? is it just empty now or? sorry for all the questions.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Sylverant main page contains info such as:
- number and location of players
- ships avaiable

If no one is online then you can't join a game, simply aproach the counter and make a game, maybe someone will see you online and join.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

There has been a fair amount of activity lately from 8 - 11 GMT, but weekends (Friday and Saturday) are usually more active than weekdays.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
DeNono
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DeNono »

well the teams that i can find are at ultimate and i'm a long distance away from that, is there a way to level fast here or something or get good items? causse i really want to play this online.

got the game on my gamecube but i dont have the adapter for the online mode so i never been able to play it online.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Do not worry as many ppl play in lower difficulties.
You can also play cmode wich isn't dependable on difficulty.

You can also ask the players to set the minimun level required to enter or you can use certain quests or items to boost your efficiency, however, that will defeat some of the purpose of playing online.
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Mon May 30, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeNono
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DeNono »

i got a HUcast, but he doesnt have any traps, do i need to get them somewhere?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Vega is the only ship that has been modified to allow the minimum level to be lowered below the difficulty setting requirement, but you still have to find somebody willing to help you cheat if you want to enter higher difficulty settings before you meet the level requirement.

Traps are only available in Ultimate mode, although most rules in Battle mode will let any class use traps.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Aleron Ives wrote:Vega is the only ship that has been modified to allow the minimum level to be lowered below the difficulty setting requirement, but you still have to find somebody willing to help you cheat if you want to enter higher difficulty settings before you meet the level requirement.
Also, it is not allowed on Vega if the game is set to legit mode (at least, last time I checked it was not allowed).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I believe you are correct, although I think it is also the case that enabling legit mode after allowing an underleveled player to enter will neither kick the underleveled player nor prevent legit mode from being enabled.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I do remember requesting to make both commands cancel each other out.
I do not know if that was done completely, either way i know that either it works properly (to prevent the abuse that existed on schtserv, wich no one cared) or the command will be removed. (atleast from what i was told)

But since ppl enjoyed the /minlvl command, i guess we can try having it working properly with /legit (in the way that both can't be enabled)
I'll connect later and see if both can be enabled, if so i'll forward the problem to Impulse.

In anycase the solution is just disabling /legit when /minlvl command is on when the lvl requested is inferior to the difficulty default.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:In anycase the solution is just disabling /legit when /minlvl command is on when the lvl requested is inferior to the difficulty default.
As far as I know, this is still not done in the version of the server being run for Vega. While (once again, as far as I know) /minlvl will not work to set the minimum level below the allowed level for the difficulty being played (I sent this patch to Impulse myself), there is no protection in /legit to stop it from working if the minimum level is below what is allowed. Even if that were there, there's no protection in there to make sure everyone in the party already is above that minimum level (either in /minlvl or /legit).

The extra complexity (and the fact that playing on a higher difficulty level than where you should be allowed is indeed not legitimate) is why the main codebase (running on Iselia and Altimira) does not allow /minlvl to set the level below what Sega had defined as the levels for each difficulty. I personally do not like the idea of allowing /minlvl to be used to allow people into higher difficulty level games than they should be, but what's done with the other ships is not particularly of my concern in the end... Each community within Sylverant has its own rules and regulations that it adheres to. That's part of what makes Sylverant unique. :wink:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Yes, noticed now and you replied faster then me. Curse you. :P
/minlevel can't be used if the minimun level is inferior to the default one, beeing a legit game or not doesn't matter.

So a underleveled player in a game can never happen.
Makes sense, there was some conflict with both commands and Impulse simply aplied the rule that is enabled on iselia.

Ives thinking got me worried over nothing.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Yes, noticed now and you replied faster then me. Curse you. :P
/minlevel can't be used if the minimun level is inferior to the default one, beeing a legit game or not doesn't matter.

So a underleveled player in a game can never happen.
Makes sense, there was some conflict with both commands and Impulse simply aplied the rule that is enabled on iselia.

Ives thinking got me worried over nothing.
Really, Impulse took that off? I guess that probably happened when he updated. Last I checked, you could use the /minlvl command to set to a lower level on Vega...
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

You could but i mentioned the problem back then and he made it clear, if the commands didn't work well together then the ability to set an inferior lvl would be removed.

It seems that was exactly what he did, minlvl acts exactly the same as in iselia, it can only be used to raise the minimun level, not lower it.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:You could but i mentioned the problem back then and he made it clear, if the commands didn't work well together then the ability to set an inferior lvl would be removed.

It seems that was exactly what he did, minlvl acts exactly the same as in iselia, it can only be used to raise the minimun level, not lower it.
I, as stated, of course prefer it that way. I'm glad that there's some uniformity there. :wink:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Yay, it got fixed. :mrgreen:
"Fear the HUnewearl."