Sylverant Feature Suggestions

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Sylverant Feature Suggestions

Post by BlueCrab »

I should point out though that the /minlvl and /maxlvl commands do not take the current team into account -- that is to say that it is entirely possible to make it so that you make the team so that if someone leaves that they can't rejoin.

For instance, the server will let you do a "/minlvl 20" followed by a "/maxlvl 40" with a team that contains players at level 7, 12, 60, and 200, even though nobody is between the specified levels. It won't try to kick anyone out or anything, but obviously that team would not be rejoinable by anyone if they were to leave.

Also, you can't use /minlvl to set a lower level than the difficulty you're playing on calls for. The server will not let you do "/minlvl 1" on a team playing in Hard difficulty, for instance.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

Yea, took a bit of google searching to find a list of commands. I was totally unaware this was a thing, but I am very happy it is.

Sometimes people say okay and leave when I ask them if they have a lower level character, other times they just can't comprehend that I don't want a lvl 100+ in my hard mode game :headbash:
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Pretty lights

Post by Aurelli »

I have a pretty niche suggestion that I don't expect to see the light of day, but here goes.

If anyone who knows what they're doing is bored enough...
What about the idea of a small (maybe downloadable) quest with the simple purpose of displaying particle effects?

Episode 1, Pioneer 2 and Ruins 1 (Probably just the waterfall room or another single, large room.)
The lighting, textures, (At least in N-VH) and simple design of these areas would be ideal for viewing and testing particle effects.

I've noticed text commands have been implemented into some quests, and hopefully that would be the case here too.
An example of what I imagine would be: "Play ### XXX YYY ZZZ TT"
# = effect number (0-511)
X/Y/Z = effect spawn coordinates
T = time (in seconds)

As I said earlier, I don't honestly expect this to come to fruition. This idea mostly came to me out of frustration with trying to fill a request, but here's the idea if someone capable sees fit.. XD
These users thanked the author Aurelli for the post:
legit nyck
Rico Tyrell
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Re: Pretty lights

Post by Rico Tyrell »

Aurelli wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:30 am I have a pretty niche suggestion that I don't expect to see the light of day, but here goes.

If anyone who knows what they're doing is bored enough...
What about the idea of a small (maybe downloadable) quest with the simple purpose of displaying particle effects?

Episode 1, Pioneer 2 and Ruins 1 (Probably just the waterfall room or another single, large room.)
The lighting, textures, (At least in N-VH) and simple design of these areas would be ideal for viewing and testing particle effects.

I've noticed text commands have been implemented into some quests, and hopefully that would be the case here too.
An example of what I imagine would be: "Play ### XXX YYY ZZZ TT"
# = effect number (0-511)
X/Y/Z = effect spawn coordinates
T = time (in seconds)

As I said earlier, I don't honestly expect this to come to fruition. This idea mostly came to me out of frustration with trying to fill a request, but here's the idea if someone capable sees fit.. XD
do not know if it is the same configuration scheme but I have this doubt would not be possible on one of the ships have a different update from the others with a different texture, custom maps with skins as I see on some servers of psobb? monsters with different skins chat colors among other things? or sylverant aallow only natural/original game in all aspects? sorry for replyed here
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

old memory (idea) Quest

it's a suggestion i believe it will be easy to create this quest blue or ives would do it easily i guess, well let's go what's my idea ( firstly this quest should be just for ver.1 )

why V1 and not v2? simple v1 was the beginning of everything and let's be honest it is the least favored of all in terms of missions, so I believe that just like the welcome to sylverant and resurgent darkness mission available for this version this idea should be unique only for v1

now let's get to the idea of ​​the mission: it would be a simple mission that would encompass all the game's phases from forest 1 to ruins 3, but with a small difference we would see the trajectory of the main character of the game's plot ( Rico Tyrell ) a Skin of her next to its numerous sensors of messages left in the game telling its trajectory until its sad end in the encounter against darkFalls

and in order not to get a very long and boring mission the creator of the mission would put few enemies in each of the phases my idea of ​​reward would be the following in the normal level ( messetas ) in the Hard difficult level ( messetas ) and in the very difficult level ( the red ring )

this last reward only for the player of that version and if there is a transfer of this item to ver 2 it is transformed into a random item (barrier)

this is my suggestion I hope you can at least think about it and with that enrich the ver1 that we agree is abandoned

Last edited by legit nyck on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Download Hero & Daughter to your VMU and play it offline. It's pretty much what you're looking for, and it works on V1.
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post:
legit nyck
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Aleron Ives wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:47 pm Download Hero & Daughter to your VMU and play it offline. It's pretty much what you're looking for, and it works on V1.
no one wants to play offline quests it's not funny, if there are those offline quests why can't they exist online?
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
savepointsofa
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by savepointsofa »

Hey all!

So, in PSO on the DC, there is a way to take screenshots in game. It takes up an entire VMU in controller 4. Back in the day SEGA had a bulletin board where you could log in on the DC browser, attach file, and it would convert the PSO_____IMG.vms file from the VMU into a jpeg. It would post it on the SEGA BB and email it to the poster so they would also have it on their PC to post wherever. Players would blog their journeys in this early world of social media without ever leaving their Dreamcast. Sadly with bswirl, pso.donut, dricas, and others all going down there no longer is any site online that can process these Dreamcast PSO screenshot files. No VMU tool I could find online could extract the data either.

Do you think there is any way we could get a page added to the Sylverant website that would be accessible on the Dreamcast browser to do that? Just a small form to attach the PSO_____IMG file from our VMU, a field for our email, then submit it, and receive the extracted jpg at our emails? I reached out to a hacker on SegaXtreme about figuring out how to extract the bitmap data from the save file with a feature request on his github. It just seems so odd to me a revolutionary PSO feature -taking screenshots directly on the console to share with friends- is missing (even though yes, maybe one person a decade would use it now, haha). The original coder for the bswirl PSO screen shot extractor wrote it in Delphi in 2002 or so, and provided the source, but sadly that source is gone into the voids as well.

Here is an example of some of the sites, thanks to wayback-machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20230130172 ... en&menu=on

And:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040615143 ... t.dhs.org/

A guide on taking screenshots:
http://kolibry666.free.fr/pso_screensho ... s_eng.html

Anyway! Just an idea! Thanks so much for all the work everyone here does!
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Treamcaster »

I think this is a great initiative, I've been wanting to do this for a while as well. Btw, would you mind sharing that PSOpic web address you showed in the video?