GameCube Problems

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Thrige
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GameCube Problems

Post by Thrige »

Hey guys lately evertime I try to join or make a game I get stuck loading, all it gives me is a city view and nothing happens. Anyone have a solution or having the same problem?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: GameCube Problems

Post by BlueCrab »

First of all, what version of the game are you using (normal PSOGC or PSO Plus, also US, JP or EU version)? Second, what ship are you trying on? Third (and if you don't feel comfortable saying this in public, just PM me), where do you live, generally (like, in the US, Europe, etc)?

This is one of those things that I can't seem to find any reason for it to happen other than network problems (especially since I never have this happen to me, and neither has anyone else when I've asked other people to test specifically).
EvilMag
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by EvilMag »

I seem to have the same issue but only on Ives and your Ship crab. I seem to be fine on Vega.

I use GC non-plus US version.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Vega is hosted at another place, that might be why players hang at altimira or iselia (those are hosted in the same place)
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

That network latency problem is really an annoyance.It now happens to me on vega too, with ANY pso gc version.Never had this problem with pso gc standard version in any ship at sylverant, except pso plus, which could not load on Altimira and Iselia. I just can avoid this probem by getting my pso pc character to open a game and then joining. I live in south america but I have found out that some guys in north america and europe are having the same issue.

just for curiosity: (not complaining or comparing with please ´cause I still do prefer to play here)why this does not happen in Izakaya?Is it hosted on usa or jap?If the second one is the case, why that lag does not happen there?
Last edited by shadowrod on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I honestly have no idea what's wrong if there is a bug in the server (unless its something stupid I did recently). I know the last time I tried playing with Gamecube, everything worked just fine. :roll:

With all these reports, that is starting to look more and more like what might be the case (that I did something stupid to break it). :x
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Quite honestly, with so many ip changes, i have no idea where izakaya is hosted.
Maybe someone that can speak jp can ask in the forum (it's a bbs system, but it's the same deal)
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

BlueCrab wrote:I honestly have no idea what's wrong if there is a bug in the server (unless its something stupid I did recently). I know the last time I tried playing with Gamecube, everything worked just fine. :roll:

With all these reports, that is starting to look more and more like what might be the case (that I did something stupid to break it). :x
perhaps there´s something to do with updating sylverant code version or something.Was the vega ship server software a version outdated compared with other ships (In dc-talk forums they say they´re using R305 but noticed so far you are already developed r321)? Because on there, this bug is only showing these days, what could happen if the old revision get updated.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Bleh... Yep, I did something stupid which broke PSOGC... Sorry about that. :oops:

Anyway, its fixed now in r322. Iselia and Altimira are both running r323, so they should work now, hopefully.
EvilMag
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by EvilMag »

Anyone else having issues connecting to Sylverant with GC Plus? I have this issue and so does a friend of mine.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

EvilMag wrote:Anyone else having issues connecting to Sylverant with GC Plus? I have this issue and so does a friend of mine.
If you have been reading these forums you noticed I had some problems connecting pso gc plus and i solved it. please read post "pso gc don´t connect" and get dr.dns from dc talk.My pso plus is japanese and it works fine. Just be certain that some needed ports are forwarded in your pc in order to let the gc connects to dr.dns (9001,9003, 9103,9001,9125 ports).
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm pretty sure that in order to use PSO Plus, you either have to use a connection code with Action Replay (I haven't made one, but I'm sure I could if asked), or you have to use Dr.DNS.

PSO Plus does some checks (at least according to what I've read) in order to make sure the DNS isn't spoofed.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

pso exploui

Post by shadowrod »

BlueCrab wrote:I'm pretty sure that in order to use PSO Plus, you either have to use a connection code with Action Replay (I haven't made one, but I'm sure I could if asked), or you have to use Dr.DNS.

PSO Plus does some checks (at least according to what I've read) in order to make sure the DNS isn't spoofed.

Yeah...to prevent that "pso exploit".I believe that´s why gamecube didn´t have more online games after pso.Anyway there was only one more besides pso.
Thrige
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Thrige »

Well Im playing PSO GC standard (US) from canada and it seems to be working just great now, but it was every ship. Thanks for all the replies and help! I didnt relies this was such and active community, thats pretty cool
Thrige
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Thrige »

Also I havnt been able to find a working link for DR. DNS does anyone know a working one?
syntexerrorXl
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by syntexerrorXl »

Yes this is happening to me also the first few times i connected to sylverent server i could play on all ships now only vega i am useing the standard psogc.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

May be related to vega ship location (vega is not hosted in the same place as altimira or Iselia)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

syntexerrorXl wrote:Yes this is happening to me also the first few times i connected to sylverent server i could play on all ships now only vega i am useing the standard psogc.
If you haven't tried in the past two days to connect to either Iselia or Altimira, you should try. The issue that I know about that was causing problems was fixed on Friday.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Thrige wrote:Also I havnt been able to find a working link for DR. DNS does anyone know a working one?
Go to Dreamcast talk page then search for online games, then on page regarding how to connect pso, you´ll find a working dr.dns link. I dunno if I am allowed to provide links here. Don´t change any line in redirects file that comes with it because it has what you need for connect to sylverant.