Gallons Shop Parasitic Cell Type D Photon Count correct?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

AmaNoKawa
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gallons Shop Parasitic Cell Type D Photon Count correct?

Post by AmaNoKawa »

Is the Photon Drop requirement for Parasitic Cell Type D in Gallons Shop set correctly for GameCube? It should be 16 photo drops.

I've just been in the shop for half an hour to an hour with 16 photo drops in my inventory and it didn't materialize. I was offered Magic Water and Berril Photon multiple times and everything else that should be available for 16 Photon Drops but not Parasitic Cell Type D. I remember from years ago it did take a while but the wait seemed ridiculous.

Not sure if it's just a SEGA game design flaw or there's a fault at the moment. I saw somewhere that some versions, probably Blue Burst, require 20 Photon Drops and wanted to check 16 is valid.

I'm on Iselia using Wii Devolution.

Thanks for any help

Edwin
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Gallons Shop Parasitic Cell Type D Photon Count correct?

Post by Aleron Ives »

The quest randomly rolls the cost of each tier, and tier 2 costs 16-20 PDs. If the cost for that round is 17-20, you have a 0% chance for Paganini to offer you any tier 2 items. If you bring 20 PDs, you always have a chance for tier 2 items. The fewer PDs you bring, the longer you have to haggle.

You can also go to Altimira, where the obnoxious haggling process is replaced with a simple menu to pick what you want to buy. :P
"Fear the HUnewearl."
AmaNoKawa
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gallons Shop Parasitic Cell Type D Photon Count correct?

Post by AmaNoKawa »

So thaaaaaat's why I experienced strange results, thanks Aleron I would never have figured that out myself. I tried again last night with two different characters and was offered the Parasitic Cell Type D within a few minutes both times. I thought it could be luck, character type, a mysterious unlock, beat time or something else. Now I know.