DreamShell 4.0.0 RC2 Released

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

DreamShell 4.0.0 RC2 Released

Post by |darc| »

The much-anticipated next release of DreamShell, some years in the making now, has been released! DreamShell is now at 4.0.0 RC2.

DC-SWAT has more information on his blog (Google Translation).

DC-SWAT wrote:You've been waiting for a brand new release? I understand :)
I had a plan of everything to complete before releasing the next version, but some problems have caused delays and I don't see any solutions for them. So I have decided to publish a version of DreamShell as-is, and then I'll think about solving those other problems, since I don't know how long it will take. I also want to have a break from development, as I have been very involved in this project.
It's thinking...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: DreamShell 4.0.0 RC2 Released

Post by Juan »

Based on the captures, it looks like quite a bunch of features were added. Nice release!
PH3NOM
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Post by PH3NOM »

Its a neat project, but it really bothers me that SWAT does not release the source code.
I understand that he has put a lot of work into this project, but so have the respective developers that contributed to the libraries that SWAT so freely uses without even crediting the original authors. :evil:

SWAT - If you don't want to share the source, you should write ALL of the code from the ground up and not rely on code that people generously distribute under the GPL.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Basil »

Its a neat project, but it really bothers me that SWAT does not release the source code.
He has started uploading it here:
https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell
SWAT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by SWAT »

PH3NOM wrote: SWAT - If you don't want to share the source, you should write ALL of the code from the ground up and not rely on code that people generously distribute under the GPL.
Do not worry PH3NOM, I'll upload all the code in the repository over time ;)
I need more time for its preparation.