bWWd's BattleToads/ComixZone mod lands on Dreamcast !

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

bWWd's BattleToads/ComixZone mod lands on Dreamcast !

Post by Christuserloeser »

DCEvolution.net now hosts ready-to-burn Dreamcast images of bWWd's awesome BattleToads mod:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

The game took eight long months to create and contains 5 completley different game modes and 5 playable characters !

>>I hope this will inspire someone to start his own mod or make his mod better. Have fun with it.<< - bWWd

BattleToads US/JP NTSC Version [Dreamcast]
BattleToads EU PAL Version [Dreamcast]

Printable covers and a full DCEvolution webpage for BattleToads will follow this weekend. Big thanks to Samurai X for updating the Dreamcast port to OpenBoR v2.0047 :)
Insane homebrew collector.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Has thanked: 0

Post by jessman »

:o :o :o :o :o :o OMG YAYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Yes, Battletoads freaking pwn!
predator002
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by predator002 »

Best mod anyone will ever play, everybody has gotta play this!

Predator002
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

FINALLY got a chance to actually play it. This is DEFINATELY one of the best mods that I've ever played, but why are the loading times so immense? Just what causes it to take so long? Is it the weapons? Because I've always wanted to play a mod with weapons you can pick up. That's a rare feat, and this game is REALLY awsome, but again...the loading times! URGH! I'm typing this up as I'm waiting for it to start the next level. Is there any way to optimize it? Sorry for complaining, but it's such a great game...it shouldn't be held back by MASSIVE waiting periods...

EDIT: nvm. It was because I had saving on. Anyways, the game freezes on me in some spots, but otherwise, it's a blast to play. Thanks for this awsome mod.
Last edited by jessman on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: bWWd's BattleToads/ComixZone mod lands on Dreamcast !

Post by stagg »

Christuserloeser wrote:DCEvolution.net now hosts ready-to-burn Dreamcast images of bWWd's awesome BattleToads mod:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

The game took eight long months to create and contains 5 completley different game modes and 5 playable characters !

>>I hope this will inspire someone to start his own mod or make his mod better. Have fun with it.<< - bWWd

BattleToads US/JP NTSC Version [Dreamcast]
BattleToads EU PAL Version [Dreamcast]

Printable covers and a full DCEvolution webpage for BattleToads will follow this weekend. Big thanks to Samurai X for updating the Dreamcast port to OpenBoR v2.0047 :)
This game looks amazingly sick, I am going to check this out right as we speak.
Christuserloeser

jessman wrote:FINALLY got a chance to actually play it. This is DEFINATELY one of the best mods that I've ever played, but why are the loading times so immense? Just what causes it to take so long? Is it the weapons? Because I've always wanted to play a mod with weapons you can pick up. That's a rare feat, and this game is REALLY awsome, but again...the loading times! URGH! I'm typing this up as I'm waiting for it to start the next level. Is there any way to optimize it? Sorry for complaining, but it's such a great game...it shouldn't be held back by MASSIVE waiting periods...

EDIT: nvm. It was because I had saving on. Anyways, the game freezes on me in some spots, but otherwise, it's a blast to play. Thanks for this awsome mod.
Yeah, enabling the Memory Saving mode makes loading times insane. However there seem to be some problems with the game that's rooting in the OpenBoR engine, not in the memory limitations of the Dreamcast nor PSP. I am sure Samurai X and CGRemakes are looking into it, but some detailed bug reports would help a lot.
Christuserloeser

I need testers + feedback for this bugfixed version:
http://www.dcevolution.net/dsdevelopmen ... C_Test.rar
Christuserloeser

As some of you might already know from my post in the main forum, we released the final version of Battletoads DC a couple of days ago:

I wrote:DCEvolution.net proudly presents a ready-to-burn Special Dreamcast Edition of bWWd's fantastic Battletoads!

While the game itself is identical to the initial release, a lot of changes and optimizations have been made to technical structure so now it finally runs from start to end in all game modes - without the RAM saving enabled!

In addition all other reported bugs in the original version have been fixed - Namely all slowdowns and the transparency problems with the cutscenes in the 'Zombie Party' game mode.

Image Image
Image Image

The game itself took eight long months to create and it shows: Battletoads DC is based on an enhanced OpenBoR engine and uses many new and rarely used features.

More facts:
- Four playable characters: Rash, Pimple & Zitz plus Sketch Turner from Comix Zone
- Five entirely different game modes: T.Bird Rescue, Revenge & Rematch plus Zombie Party & Comix Zone.
- Loads of unique moves and stages - plus weapons!

Got to this page for the download. Printable covers will follow soon.

Big thanks to Samurai X for updating the Dreamcast port of OpenBoR.

1stvinicius made some great covers for the release:
1stvinicius wrote:Click on the images to get the full size.

Official template:

Image Image

Alternative template:

Image Image
Shinto
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shinto »

for some reason whenI tried to Burn it with Discjuggler, I keep gettin this "Xeal.cjb.net" error for some reason. everytime I burned the image and put it in the Dreamcast, It sends it back to the CD menu. Same thing goes for Final Fight the last Round. Any other suggestions? :o
Yeah I'm Back, So Be Happy!
Christuserloeser

Actually I rarely ever use DiscJuggler. Try burning the CDIs with Alcohol120% or BootDreams' CDI Burner. BootDreams is freeware and Alcohol120% has a free trial version available:

http://dreamzoneboards.com/cgi-bin/YaBB ... 1143467515
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

WOW this mod looks great. Thanks for the info.