Coming Soon, BoR for the Nintendo DS!

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Coming Soon, BoR for the Nintendo DS!

Post by kungpow12345 »

That's Right! GPF is hard at work at porting our beloved Beats of Rage to the mighty Nintendo DS.

As you can see from the picture, he's already gotten the game to display correctly at least in Dualis, and he's also working on the controling schematic, eventually allowing us to get further than the character select screen

Either way, this is a great achievement both for the BoR community and DS devvers everywhere.

Thanks goes to Kirby for his SDL source code contribution and once again coming to the rescue.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

:o I'm...just speechless... :o OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! THIS PWNS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

Wow, that is pretty cool. It's nice to see the scene growing.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

But mod's size being the worse limitation for DS.
Correct if i'm wrong, but fflash carts has a limit for roms of 512 mbit / 64 MByte. And some mods surpass it.
Maybe Troy come up with a way to use the on the fly loading capability of carts like SuperCard. It has 256 mbit built RAM for GBA, but loads 512 mbit DS roms using on the fly thingy.
Congratulations for Troy Davis.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Well GPF, me and others have been testing away with other mods and we've decided that we're going to have to use the "gp32 limitation rule" since a 32mb rom is about the highest that GPF can get supported with bor ds and his overall library. It doesn't have sound yet unfortunately, but hey, he's done a port that most people thought was impossible.

Plus, there are 1gig Flash Carts out there. We're currently doing testing with gbamp, m3, and the mk3(which I'm currently waiting on before I do any hardware tests on my own).
I've been mainly helping with the "intreguity" for BoR, suggesting the control layout, giving him info, source codes and keeping an open link between him and Kirby which is helping out a lot with the port.

What we really need now is for someone to "hunt down" or talk to SamuraiX about lending us his PSP source code so GPF can look at how he cut down the loading times and try to implement it into the DS port. Unfortunately though, the psp port went completely to PSPDK but it's worth a shot, at least to see the SDL changes that SamuraiX contributed before the complete overhaul of the core system.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

At http://www.scdev.org/ you can find useful info on SuperCard, programing examples and libraries.
Try also http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/
Good luck.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

I wish i had a ds. :cry:
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

I have two with 30 games. And I'll buy a third one (DS Lite) for this game! Seriously, this is the stuff of dreams! Heh.

<^_^>
Kirby2000
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kirby2000 »

Why would you buy a third DS to play this game? You know if you bought a PSP instead of spending all you cash on DS's and 30 games you could play OpenBOR on that too, but with sound, widescreen and the ability to play mods over 30MB.

Or better still, why not just play it on your Dreamcast with 4 players and full screen resolution and spend the money on 100 cdr-s to burn the mods and some beer!

(Not that the DS port won't be great, but I hardly think its worth buying 3 DS's!)
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

I have a PSP also. Oops! I didn't mean to make it sound like I'd buy another DS just for this, but I guess I did. I just really want this on the DS, and with all of the great new games coming out, INCLUDING this homebrew title, I'd really want a LITE. Heh. I know that I'm weird.

<^_^>
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

why can't mods be over 30 MB? some flash devices use sd cards now