OpenBOR Xbox port

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OpenBOR Xbox port

Post by Cammyfan »

XPort has recently returned to his Xbox projects. One developer for OpenBOR has stated interest in porting it to the Xbox. That developer asked for source code. XPort is planning to release the source code to all his projects once he is done in the near future. I am asking if there is still interest in porting OpenBOR to the Xbox now that XPort is planning to release his sources for Xbox BOR?
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

That is a very highly requested port. I am an admin for the most popular BOR community site located below in my sig. Please email me with a way to contact xport so that we can obtain the source or have him port openbor. Thanks for the news.
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Regarding OpenBor for Xbox

Post by Cammyfan »

As you may have already read XPort has posted a thread describing his future actions at Xbox-Scene. He has stated that he will make the sources to all of his projects available when he is done updating all of them. He also needs to take care of some code in there, which belongs to his workplace. I suggest that you post in the thread he has made entitled ?So what?s the deal?? if you wish to contact XPort. Do not bother trying to contact XPort by PM because he has been known to instantly erase any PMs regarding releases of his sources for his projects. He has been taking requests in his "So what's the deal?" thread for projects that he should work on next. I suggest typing out a very detailed explanative post about why he should release the sources and whom you can get to work on porting OpenBor to the Xbox. If you make a convincing case he may release those sources first. Although I do not know anymore information than what anyone else can see for himself or herself. XPort might choose not to release the sources until a while from now and might not even respond. But it is worth trying since he does seem to be reading that thread and has made a response within that thread in the past semi-short while. Hopefully, OpenBor can be ported to the Xbox and BOR can survive and flourish there instead of dying off. Having BOR die off would be a huge tragedy and I feel that a port will bring new blood to BOR and will be able to sustain it for a long while longer.
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

Wooooo hooooo :mrgreen: Finally. I hope they use the opendarkbor source code :lol: I'm so excited. I will do a special mod just for this reason :D |/| Vision Is back. )()( miss me :kiss)
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

I have got this for you. I had to spend a long time asking around and showing a demand to XPort for this. It took me hours to formulate and carry out my brilliant plan. Thank XPort for this amazing work. Vision and Vicviper please go ahead and create some more of your excellent BOR mods now that this is available. Now the new era of BOR modding shall begin. The release information is as follows.

OpenBORX - Beats of Rage for XBox v2

http://senile.mine.nu/beatsofrage/
http://www.openbor.net/
http://xport.xbox-scene.com

This is a port of OpenBOR/Beats of Rage, a fun beat-em-up game developed by the clever people
at Senile and extended by the folks at http://www.openbor.net

------------
Installation
------------

- Download the PC version of Beats of Rage from the following location:

http://www.senileteam.com/downloads.php?d=6

- Upload the BOR.PAK file to a directory on your XBox

- Upload the DEFAULT.XBE file to the same directory on your XBox

- Run the DEFAULT.XBE file

- You can also upload any compatible OpenBOR PAK file into the same directory and you can choose
which one to load. One of the files should be named BOR.PAK.

-----
Usage
-----

Use a controller in port 1 or port 2 to navigate the menus.

You can change the default controls via the in-game menus.

You can also change between the following graphic filters by pressing RTHUMB at any time:

2xSai
Super 2xSai
HQ2X
Eagle2x
Super Eagle 2x
SuperScale 2x
AdvanceMame 2x
Simple 2x
2xSai Scanline
Super 2xSai Scanline
Eagle2x Scanline
Super Eagle2x Scanline
SuperScale 2x Scanline

Everything else should be pretty self-explanatory.

Enjoy!

p.s. the source is alongside the binary
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

vision there is now an excellent version of Mugen available for the Xbox. It is called XMugen. It is a stripped down version of Linux that immediately loads Mugen. This is a new way of porting programs without source code for the Xbox. The latest XMugen release was yesterday. It now has 128MB swap file support for loading up big characters that need high ram and support for F and G drives.
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

I haven't DR'ed My X-Box in a long time This is the two pieces of info I needed. Watch out, I'm comming 8-) Now I need to get Linux running on the dang on thing :D Where is the DL For the new openborX anyhow. It's not on XPort's site :?
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

vision I told you at the Xbox-Scene XPort forum about using Xbins to download those files which are made with the XDK. There is a tutorial at that site for using Xbins. XMugen contains Linux within it. XMugen is all you need to run Mugen on the Xbox.
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

I've been away too long :? I'll check into it again :?:
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

In light of my recent behavior may I humbly ask a moderator to please change my username? I am known as BanjoK at every forum that I visit. I also use that name as my Xbox gamertag. I would very much appreciate it if anyone that has good contact with a moderator could get a moderator to change my username. Pretty please?
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

Is Neil Corlet or someone porting open BOR to PS2??? or do I have to keep Dreaming?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Bye bye DC-exclusiveness :cry: hello new BoR fans :)
Insane homebrew collector.