Free BOR Project - Legal Graphics, Sound, and Music for Mods

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Free BOR Project - Legal Graphics, Sound, and Music for Mods

Post by MetaFox »

The Free BOR Project is a project to promote more original Beats of Rage modifications outside of the usual mods using illegal copyrighted material. You will find graphics, music, and sounds which are free to use for any reason, other than commercial projects.

You will not only find original creations, but also graphics based on famous material which has been released into the public domain. This project has just begun, but to give you an idea of what kind of graphics will be available, there is a still graphic of Tom (Doc) Strange, from Nader/AC Comics on the Free BOR Project page:

http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/freebor/

Please post any feedback about this idea here.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
Been thanked: 0

Post by kungpow12345 »

I like this idea. We can also use sprite edits but...if we edit them so much..., we can make them look original. I had this idea for a mod:

Use the Road Rash Revolution "shell" but mod it for Choppers, like say Paul Teutel Sr. or Jesse James and make em bust people on their choppers.

But I guess we're talking about original, original ideas like Rael. Mmm I can probably think of something but...can we submit sprite edits?
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

kungpow12345 wrote:But I guess we're talking about original, original ideas like Rael. Mmm I can probably think of something but...can we submit sprite edits?
Definately. I originally had the Tom Strange graphic as a sprite edit of Iron Man, but it was way too burly, so I decided to do it from scratch. Like you said, as long as you edit the sprites so much that they are unrecognizable from the original, it's completely fine.

I'm planning on getting a submission engine set up for this - I just wanted to guage interest first.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

This is a very cool idea Meta. I hope that it does generate enough interest to become viable. It would be great to see more mods using original, legal artwork/music.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

I actually had an idea for a very original mod idea based on a story i was making but the thing is the art style is the same one as Dragon Ball Z or Akira Toriyama's. I think the hardest thing in this entire project is going to be the backgrounds and/or breakables. That's a lot of detail and that's going to be hard to pull off.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I haven't forgotten about this project, but I've been insanely busy with getting Dream On ready.

Since Dream On is almost done, I'm going to get back to this.

I'm creating a comic book and I want to have the first issue plus a BOR mod based on the game ready by MagFest 4.

I'm planning to create animations for Tom Strange and add in my character (Convalesce) - so it will be a super hero beat-em-up of sorts.

There's all sorts of public domain villians and heroes from the golden age, so I shouldn't have any problem finding characters - it will just be time that will determine what gets done.

Once all that is done, everything will be released for free use on the FreeBOR project (even the Convalesce sprites. The character will be free to use for any BOR mods you want to use her for, but the copyright on the character and the comic will still be retained by me).

I updated the FreeBOR page with a still of Convalesce for the curious:

http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/freebor/
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Re: Free BOR Project - Legal Graphics, Sound, and Music for Mods

Post by MetaFox »

I've decided to resurrect this project, with a change in that it's more generalized. It's now the Internet Media Archive Graphic Exchange.

http://github.com/JenniBee/image
dreamcast-news
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Free BOR Project - Legal Graphics, Sound, and Music for Mods

Post by dreamcast-news »

Good luck !