Strider Unleashed

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Strider Unleashed

Post by Xenox »

Hi all, i'm sure not everyone remeber me but I'm FlyingzenMAN I change my name cuzz i havent use it for 6 or 7 months i think i dont remeber :o so that is y. This is the other strider mod som other guy made name zato and now I am updating it with new backgrounds and enemies plus new music and the char and story will remind the same. in 2 months it should be ready for an release or alittle longer since i got som of my friends to help me. CYA!!! :D

Last edited by Xenox on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

I rember Zato working on Strider 2. then he seem to have vanished. Good lukk man maybe we can release a Strider game at the same Time :mrgreen:. Do you have anyother mod or is this going to be the first?
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Xenox »

hey wat sup vision! and about zato he is a full time student in san francisco school, an art insitiute or somthing like that.

Vision wrote:
Good lukk man maybe we can release a Strider game at the same Time . Do you have anyother mod or is this going to be the first?[/
(smiling) that would be tight! but who know wat will happen. SolBadGuy is here is kicking butt in this mod and then later he team with hiru so he can get back to his time. As for my other mod is a big one the (castlevania), i'm just waiting for aotb to com out then i can start on it and thz :D good luck to u too. I hope u bring us som new striders edits in ur new strider mod cuzz that is wat i'm doing. CYA!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

wait, shouldn't it be unleashed :?:
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Xenox »

Tyne wrote:
wait, shouldn't it be unleashed
:o Ohhhhh!!! yeah ur right i'm such an idiot, :P i'm such a bad speller heheheh but check it out now its all changed and fixed up.

vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

Oh yes, their is a few new edits Like in the first Strider Mod I released. This new one will feature new edits as well. I rember the Castlevania mod. I got it unless that one wasn't yours but if it is. GOOD work on some early bor stuff. If you didnt get Strider X let me know, I'll get you a link :D
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

hey vision, i was wondering what you use for the cinematics that you do...the cinematics on strider x were incredible! I got Ulead Gif Animator 5 today and it looks promising but I'm just curious what you used. :D
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Xenox »

vision wrote:
If you didnt get Strider X let me know, I'll get you a link
Tight!!! yeah hook it up man!!! cuzz i dont hav a copy of ur mod anymore since my friend wants it so i gave him my copy. :roll:

vision wrote:
This new one will feature new edits as well. I rember the Castlevania mod. I got it unless that one wasn't yours but if it is. GOOD work on some early bor stuff.
Well my castlevania mod is called "Castlevania - Dracula Nightmare" u will find it in BORevolution. I decided not to continue making it for BOR cuzz there ain't much that i can do in it that will make it feel and play differently from other mods. And thz for ur feedback on my earlier mod which was Megaman - Xtreme Legend, it isn't much of a legend now if he can't shoot correctly ehh? :lol: :D

The game is 30% complete, so it might release early in a month and so, so... anyway here's a screen shot:

kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

can't see much of the solbadguy sprites, my friend introduced me to Guilty Gear this weekend and i was hooked but ...where did you get those sprites from? ...was there a Guilty Gear game for the PS1? ...the GBA sprites were no where near that detailed...only the ps2's were like that...
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

I used jasc Animation Shop 3 & Animated Screen. Animated Screen is used to put the scens together and Animation Shop 3 is used to add transitions, collor pallets, an compression. It' actually longer to create scenes then the actual game. Hatchet Ninjaz used fully animated scenes that took days to create, but the text was hard to see so To save time I decided to use still images with lots of transitions to represent animation and it also cut the size and time of creation down by 80%. I think having the scenes eases the constant fighting of a beat'em up that causes good games to become boring. I hate to play threw a game and get disappointed by the thanks for playing sign. I was going to add Scenes to the X-MEN mod for my personal enjoyment. I like that game

I'll upload a link for strider PC and DC? PC Has mor sound FX
CYBERSOULX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CYBERSOULX »

Kungpow, Guilty Gear came out on ps1 first. Thanks for the info vision cause I was wondering what you used to make those cool cutscenes. I used flash but its hard to get the pallette to work right for the whole game. I was only able to make an intro and an ending and the other cutscenes between each stage had to be on the rage of the streets tip otherwise the scenes messed up the pallette for the stages. Is animated screen free?
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30KE ... CA5QTJUAWK you got 7 days.
I'm Sorry, You also need Adobe Photoshop to create the pallet. Animated Screen is distributed as Shareware. This is not Freeware or Public Domain. You can use it free for 30 days. to make the pallet you take 1 frame and port it over to adobe photoshop and save the color pallet of it. then save the scene with animated screen and use the created pallet.
Shinto
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shinto »

vision wrote:Oh yes, their is a few new edits Like in the first Strider Mod I released. This new one will feature new edits as well. I rember the Castlevania mod. I got it unless that one wasn't yours but if it is. GOOD work on some early bor stuff. If you didnt get Strider X let me know, I'll get you a link :D
Yo Viz, I need a copy of Strider X since I dont know what happend to Gamikaze.
Yeah I'm Back, So Be Happy!
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Xenox »

:) heheheh this is very nice indeed, just had got back from work hrs ago and now look wat i find a strider mod ready for me to download KOOL!!! thz vision...
as for solbadguy... yeah u cant find him anywhere now, the one I hav is way!!! back in 2001 I'm not sure when dou but it is the x series from pc version ripped by som japanese guy so i cant read it who made it :roll:
CYBERSOULX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CYBERSOULX »

vision wrote:http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30KE ... CA5QTJUAWK you got 7 days.
I'm Sorry, You also need Adobe Photoshop to create the pallet. Animated Screen is distributed as Shareware. This is not Freeware or Public Domain. You can use it free for 30 days. to make the pallet you take 1 frame and port it over to adobe photoshop and save the color pallet of it. then save the scene with animated screen and use the created pallet.
Good looking out vision. :D
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Xenox »

Hey hi again! i've just complete all the stages and lvls now moving on to making bosses and enemies. i will start when i hav my day off.
i know that i haven't release a complete mod yet :oops: but this will be the first, unlike my other mod it didn't look too good so i scraped it.
And remember the name is now Xenox not Flyingzenman anymore :wink: cya ppls.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

You're actually Flyingzenmen? :o Would you mind to release your unfinished mods then at some day soon please? Leave them as they are and release them for other modders as inspiration and resource.
Insane homebrew collector.
CYBERSOULX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by CYBERSOULX »

Xenox sounds cooler. Flyingzenman sounds like a bootlegged megaman character.
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Xenox »

Christuserloeser wrote:
You're actually Flyingzenmen? Would you mind to release your unfinished mods then at some day soon please? Leave them as they are and release them for other modders as inspiration and resource.
Yes I am :) , want som pie? not J/K... i wouldn't mind but right now the only mod i hav is the megaman and castlevania. but the castlevania is cut down into pieces for AOTB so i can't release that one cept for the megaman. i'll pm u for more detail is that okay?

CYBERSOULX wrote:
Xenox sounds cooler. Flyingzenman sounds like a bootlegged megaman character.
wat u say???... :o :x :evil: :twisted: :P :) :D hahaha yeah it does sound pretty much like a bootlegged megaman character lol... glad u like my new name :D i'm gonna try to do some kool cinema's like vision, but in this mod, i hope that i can bring u the same quality as his cinema's.
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

Need any advice, Let me know :D