What happened to the BOR Mod Loader?

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

What happened to the BOR Mod Loader?

Post by MethodGit »

IMRTechnology website appears to no longer show the piece about that interesting mod menu/loader thing - either that or they've hilariously forgotten to update their news archive thingy.

Anyone still got the link? :?
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

*bump-o*
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Well ive taken it down since it was to hard for people to understand use and burn..
Dreamcast forever!!!
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

Well that's a real shame - I wanted to avoid making multiple CDs just for modified versions of BOR..... does anyone still have a copy of the loader anyway, along with the instructions? They can't have been that radically different from instructions for other DC things...
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Post by aisupikku »

I'm interested in this as well! I promise that I will not ask anyone for help with it; If I can't figure it out, I will leave it be... but, it would be fantastic to be able to put one or two "bonus" modifications on a BOR disc that I'm supposed to be sending to someone! Partially for being so late in sending it to him... :oops:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

Look, if Ian is unwilling to up it again, then perhaps someone who did D/L it before it got wiped could send it to me through e-mail, or find some spare net space to up it? Pleeeeeeeaaassseee. :D
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

I have it and could upload it to my site for a little while if Ian doesn't mind... but if he took it down, it's probably for a pretty good reason.

I only tried to use it once. I used the binary version rather than the Dream Inducer version, but I didn't get it to work right. It loaded up the menu screen and would start to load the engine for one of the BOR mods, but would hang at that point. I unscrambled the BOR 1st_read.bins, but when I would run it through checker.exe, it said it was still scrambled. I figured the problem was probably that I didn't have properly unscrambled 1st_read.bins of BOR. I don't know.

I haven't tried it since.

-Ex
Tis my sig.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

bor beta4 on the gp32 now has a neat modselector, al you have to do is place all the packs in /bordata and add them to a text file, cant we use that one aswell somehow ?
ImageImage
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

MethodGit wrote:They can't have been that radically different from instructions for other DC things...
Actually, they were. For one thing, the readme that came with it wasn't very explanatory, so it took a while to figure out where your files needed to go, and what they needed to be named. Then, you had to figure out which txt files to edit and how to edit them. Then, you have to burn the disc in Mode 1, whereas the standard for most people is Mode 2.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah was a lot of work To get it to work not really worth the effort.. Main problem is it needs the txt to be lower case and burning things in mode2 self boot if you have noticed makes it upper case. I did not factor that into it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

:D Hello Ian, just thought I'd drop a message here that the loader you made is ok, and no it was not a waste of time and was worth the effort.

Sorry to everyone for not trying the loader before now (I use a different method) and yes I made a coaster with my first burn. The loader files themselves worked just fine second time round (after scratching my head for 10 mins :oops: ).

Anyway, to cut a long story short - I've got a zip file at 1.3mb ready to go.
The zip contains all you need to get the app working and a readme...
believe me if anyone gets it wrong from my easy guide they'll rank below me at the stupidity stakes (that'll take some doing :lol: ).

I'll try and get the zip up at DC Evolution in a bit so be patient (the old dog - dialup).
Across the Universe
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

OK, here you go:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/loader.zip

Just follow the easy readme guide and use whatever selfbooting app you've got, tested with Dir2boot and Selfboot ok so it should with any others out there. Don't worry about the mode1/2 thing just selfboot it as you would normally.

Dr._Zoidberg has kindly sorted a mirror for the files:

http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/files/loader.zip
Across the Universe
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Cool. Nice work DCDayDreamer. I will download this and check out your readme. Thanks.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »