DC code source

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
tonma
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

DC code source

Post by tonma »

Hi,

I search a code source version of openbor for Dreamcast.

I have an old kos version for testing. I think it's good for source code close to v3.0 37XX.
I only found a svn version build 4437 but this one is already deprecated for DC, so I have error with the malloc version of old version of KOS.

I have an old build version but I wish to tweaks and have tools for the right version.
tonma
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: DC code source

Post by tonma »

I compiled the main part with only one or two warnings in the bios part. Like pointer but I need to look more closely after.
I deleted the sound part, I have to rewrite it for the new version of kos.

I didn't look at the graphics part yet, I need to remove the SDL and look at the loading file part to create a 16-bit version.
It seems to put every picture in one texture and push this texture to screen.
The original version use 8bit palette image, but I still can not compress these images properly.

ToDo after success drawing one screen :
I'll certainly use KMG texture. In video memory of the DC, a normal texture from a png file equal width*height for 8 bit : 512 pixels * 512 pixels = 256ko, kmg twiddled = 65ko, so I can use more file. I need to look how create 8bit kmg file for using palette, I have found in the code source : KMG_DCFMT_8BPP_PAL
Kannagi
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Re: DC code source

Post by Kannagi »

After I don't remember how the palette works in the PVR lib, but the Dreamcast is limited for the palette, because you can only store 1024 colors.
(so 4 palettes of 256 colors).
If you want more, you have to send the palette every time.

Otherwise, it's not the twittled format that compresses (it's just a way of storing pixels), but the VQ that compresses.