2006 Voting: Favorite DC Devver (2005 polls)

Dreamcast Emulation and Homebrew Annual "Players' Poll" Forum

Favorite DC Devver

Chui (4All Projects)
31%
Marcus Comstedt (ScummVM)
No votes
Dan Potter (KOS, Tiki library)
9%
speud (VMU Tool)
3%
MrSiggler (DreamChess)
3%
scherzo (NesterDC SE)
11%
quzar (NeoDC, SDL Ports)
3%
ron (various SDL emulator Ports)
3%
JMD (Nibbler)
3%
bucanero (VMU CD)
No votes
BlackAura (nxMakaqu)
9%
GPF (Another World, various other SDL Ports)
9%
Phantom (DreamChess)
3%
BlueCrab (Yabause-dc)
14%
c99koder (DCSquares, TikiBlap)
No votes

Total votes: 35
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

2006 Voting: Favorite DC Devver (2005 polls)

Post by MetaFox »

Vote for your favorite DC Devver of 2005 here. Please don't use multiple accounts or character accounts to vote more than once. One vote per person. The parenthesis show the projects they released or updated in 2005, in case you don't know who a particular person is.

This category and the "rookie devver" category are for the authors themselves, and not for the projects. I only listed the projects because some people don't know all of the authors by name.
Last edited by MetaFox on Fri May 05, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

To reiterate:

Much <3 to Phantom for FreeSCI, being that I'm a diehard adventure gamer.

It was either a vote for him or Marcus for me - but DreamChess is the bomb too. So that tips the scale over in his favour.

(I hope this poll stays stable)
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cid Highwind »

Chui

4all his dedication to emulation ;)
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

My vote:
Metafox wrote:BlackAura (nxMakaqu)

It's Fragger's project actually. "Makaqu" stands for his first and last name and "Quake".
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Moi wrote:My vote:
It's Fragger's project actually. "Makaqu" stands for his first and last name and "Quake".
I'm aware of that. This category is for the coders themselves, not for the projects. BlackAura contributed in the sourcecode for nxMakaqu (which is a merger of Makaqu and nxQuake), as there are some additions to nxQuake that weren't released in any previous build, so that makes him eligible for this category. The reason BlackAura is not listed for any other project in the list above is because this list is only for 2005 projects, and that was the only BA code that I'm aware of that was released in 2005.

Fragger is nominated in the "rookie devver" category, if you want to vote for him there.

I must state again that this category and the "rookie devver" category are for the authors themselves, and not for the projects. I only listed the projects because some people don't know all of the authors by name.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

MetaFox wrote:
Moi wrote:My vote:
I'm aware of that. This category is for the coders themselves, not for the projects. BlackAura contributed in the sourcecode for nxMakaqu (which is a merger of Makaqu and nxQuake), as there are some additions to nxQuake that weren't released in any previous build, so that makes him eligible for this category. The reason BlackAura is not listed for any other project in the list above is because this list is only for 2005 projects, and that was the only BA code that I'm aware of that was released in 2005.

Fragger is nominated in the "rookie devver" category, if you want to vote for him there.

I must state again that this category and the "rookie devver" category are for the authors themselves, and not for the projects. I only listed the projects because some people don't know all of the authors by name.
Ok, thanks for this clarification, I guess I should have read all categories before voting :oops:
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Crap. I didn't realize Sam (c99) wasn't nominated in this category. He really should have been.

I guess I'd go, based on the projects they have put out, with either quzar or BA, since Sam isn't nominated (I can never get enough of DCSquares, so my vote would go to him if he was). I'm a big fan of most of the devvers, though, so I would probably vote for all of them if I could.

EDIT - I went ahead and voted for quzar, simply because I enjoyed the game he ported for DreamOn so much. ;)
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

First of all they all deserve special recognition for their efforts.

My vote is for Chui as he has proven everyone wrong on what is and is not possible on the dreamcast. His ability to say "No, It can be done!" where others have said it was impossible, is my reason for his nomination. Also the level dedication and the amount of work being produced is stagering to say the least.

When all is said and done, where all the emulators he posted on, are 100%. I'll nominate Chui to the Homebrew and Emulation hall of fame for the Dreamcast system. It'll be will deserved!
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

curt_grymala wrote:Crap. I didn't realize Sam (c99) wasn't nominated in this category. He really should have been.
You can do write-ins as always, as stated in the rules, but of course the downside of the automated poll system is now that Sam is in the running, you can't vote for him because you already voted for quzar. :?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Chui.

Still tough to vote for someone though. I really enjoyed all releases -Well, except VMU Tool by speud, where I didn't know that there has been a release in 2005... ;)
Insane homebrew collector.
rondc
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by rondc »

GPF
Dreamcast Core Warrior
http://www.dciberia.net
josemci
DCEmu Newbie