az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question for a German

Post by az_bont »

I've taken to downloading the German Top 100 every few weeks, and I've come to notice that there are sometimes songs by different artists that are only slightly altered versions of other songs.

Compare these two, for example:

Matthias Reim - Verdammt Ich Hab Nix
SHA - Verdammt Ich Hab Nix

Or these three:

Nic - Ein Stern
DJ Oetzi und Nik P - Ein Stern
PS Alex - Eine Frau Die Mich Nach Hause Traegt

All were in the charts at the same time two months ago. Is there an extreme shortage of German words that rhyme, or are you just too busy being industrious to piss about writing fresh pop music?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Re: Question for a German

Post by Zealous zerotype »

ZE GERMS DON'T REQUIRE POP MUZIK DEY LUV DAS GABBER.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
henzenmann
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by henzenmann »

az_bont wrote:I've taken to downloading the German Top 100 every few weeks, and I've come to notice that there are sometimes songs by different artists that are only slightly altered versions of other songs.
I could actually explain the similarities to you, but dude wtf?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I have not the slightest idea what all this is about.
Insane homebrew collector.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

The more baffling question here is why the hell is az_bont downloading the German Top 100?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

not just souLLy now wrote:The more baffling question here is why the hell is az_bont downloading the German Top 100?
Warez for the sake of warezing. People didn't name him warez_bont for no reason.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I listen to 99 luftballons in german.
Christuserloeser

not just souLLy now wrote:The more baffling question here is why the hell is az_bont downloading the German Top 100?

Yeah, that's one part of what I was referring to.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Even when leaving by anti-german britishness by the wayside, their language is still one of the most horrible on the ears in existance. When sung, it's even worse.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

henzenmann wrote:
az_bont wrote:I've taken to downloading the German Top 100 every few weeks, and I've come to notice that there are sometimes songs by different artists that are only slightly altered versions of other songs.
I could actually explain the similarities to you, but dude wtf?
Feel free to select from one of the following sarcastic responses:

1) Because to purchase it outright would be prohibitively expensive (several hundred euros)

2) Because the Dutch charts are rarely available
I have very wide-ranging tastes in music, and it seemed like a quick and easy way to find lots of songs that I am unlikely to have heard before.

The general feel of the their charts don't seem all too different to ours --and the fact that most of the rap and so-called "R&B" that has crept into the UK charts over the last couple of years is neatly segregated into the "Black Charts" over there is a major plus. There seems to be a higher proportion of cheesy pop and Hasselhoff look-and-sound-alikes, admittedly, but there's some good in there too. Like Nena's latest, who apparently has done rather well for herself in the 23 years since "99 Red Balloons".

Nena - Mach die Augen Auf

But there's also a lot of English language stuff in there, too--including from artists popular over here (and even from here). For instance, the first Mika song not to sound unbearably like every other Mika song ("Relax") reached number 4 in Germany, but managed no more than 78 in the UK.

Mika - Relax

Or the occasional oddity like Stanfour who, whilst being part-German, only seem to let the members of the band from Los Angeles do any of the actual singing.

Stanfour - Do It All
bizzle wrote:
Warez for the sake of warezing. People didn't name him warez_bont for no reason.
Not really. It all started when I searched for a single track I heard on holiday in Malia, which turned up as part of the German Top 100, so I decided to download the lot. I was pleasantly surprised to find a handful of pretty decent songs, so kept downloading them.

Besides, if I've got unlimited downloads, there's little harm in taking a chance on something a bit different that I might not otherwise have tried--how many times have you watched a television show, or listened to an album, or tried a piece of food you might not otherwise have tried had it not been recommended to you, only to find you actually quite like it?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Christuserloeser

Even when leaving by anti-german britishness by the wayside, their language is still one of the most horrible on the ears in existance. When sung, it's even worse.
Well, I tend to agree :mrgreen: - Still, I sung in German and I probably always will sing in German; as Germans speaking and singing in English does sound even worse ^ ^

Also, there are quite a few German songs I like; mostly Punkrock - I really can't stand the mainstream lyrics (and music!). --- My favorite band would be Ton Steine Scherben; I am in love with the singer - I am pretty sure I would turn gay if I ever would have met him ^ ^

-1970-

-early 80's-

-1992- (solo with Marianne Rosenberg at some Anti-Nazi-OpenAir, just a few years before his death)

Christuserloeser

Other favorites of mine; maybe you like some of them ?

-Franz Josef Degenhardt-

-Einstürzende Neubauten-

-Meret Becker- (with Einstürzende Neubauten)-

-Georg Kreisler-

-Die Goldenen Zitronen-

-Bert Brecht / Kurt Weill / Hanns Eisler (sung by Gisela May) -

-Dritte Wahl-

The following probably are listed in the Top 100 atm - they're pretty much mainstream here:

-Die Ärzte-

-Wir sind Helden-

-Tocotronic-

Deth2k7
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Deth2k7 »

RAMMSTEIN RAWKS!
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

az_bont wrote:the first Mika song not to sound unbearably like every other Mika song ("Relax") reached number 4 in Germany, but managed no more than 78 in the UK.
The video still looks like a Mika video though. :lol:

And here's some random cheesy German music that I like:

Not so cheesy: