Be careful where you tread in here...
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0

This is just plain mean

Post by Calavera »

Narcissus wrote: I was notorious in high school for phone pranking (and pranking in general). My friends used to call me, then I'd call someone on 3-way in the town next to mine so they couldn't use redial, then I'd type *67 blocking my number from caller ID. It was fool proof.

I used to prank at ridiculous hours of the night, and I was on a spree one night. I was calling people at 2-3 A.M. and as soon as they'd answer the phone, if it was a guy I'd say "Dad?!" and if was a girl I'd say "Mom?!" in a terrified voice. Then I'd just improvise on what I thought I could get away with saying pretending to be the offspring of this male/female. a lot of people would respond at first because they were still half asleep, but once they woke up they'd hang up realizing they had no idea who I really was. But there was a few times I'd get a whole call in with people really thinking I was their son.

Me and a friend (Denny) were on the phone this night doing these pranks, and this lady answers the phone...

"Hello." she says.

"MOM?!" I said in a someone shocked tone of voice.

"Ye... Yes?" She replies. "Daren, is that you?"

"Yeah Mom it's me," I say "Hey, I'm sorry for calling so late, but I've got a problem and I really need to talk to someone..."

She's like, "What's going on Daren? Are you OK? Where's Katy and the kids?"

At this point I figured out my name was Daren, I had a wife named Katy, and some kids (how many I didn't know.)

"We got into a fight," I said sadly, "She took the kids and left, I don't know where she went."

"Oh my," exclaims my fake mother, "What happened?"

So now I'm in, she REALLY believes I'm her son, so I keep playing along...

"Well," I said "it's a long story, and I really don't want to talk about it on the phone, I'd rather talk about it in person."

Now she's getting kinda worried...

"Well. OK." she leans over and wakes up her husband, "Hey honey, Daren and Katy are having problems, and he needs us to come over and talk with him... honey... did you hear me? Are you awake?"

I hear the faint mumble of a middle aged man in the background, then my fake mom gets back on the phone...

"Honey, you're Dad and I are on our way... Are you going to be ok?" she worriedly asks...

"Yeah," I say frantically, "I just need someone to talk to... I can't believe she just took the kids and left..."

"Ok honey," says my fake mom, "You're Dad's out of bed getting dressed now, I'm going to get some clothes on too..."

I hear her take her mouth away from the phone and ask her husband (my fake dad), "Honey, how long does it take to get to Chicago?"

He answers and she comes back on the phone, "We'll be there in about 3 hours honey... I love you and we'll see you soon."

"Ok, Mom, thanks," I say nervously, "I'll see you when you get here..."

Then I hung up the phone, Denny, my friend, was on the other end the whole time listening. He didn't know what to say, neither did I. I had no idea what number I had called, and I have no idea if they actually went, but when I got off the phone with that lady I realised I had just sent someone I didn't even know to talk to their son in a city that was over 3 hours away from where I live.... :o :o :o :o :o :o
Specially Cork

Re: This is just plain mean

Post by Specially Cork »

This reminds me of the time I opened a thread, thought the post was too long, didnt read it, but replied anyway.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Been thanked: 0

Post by that_guy »

HAHAHA, that's good stuff. Damn Calavera, you have to be going way back in time to find something like this from Narcissus. You that bored where you are thumbing through the archives?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

that_guy wrote:HAHAHA, that's good stuff. Damn Calavera, you have to be going way back in time to find something like this from Narcissus. You that bored where you are thumbing through the archives?
Just search for melancholy naked.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Calavera wrote:
that_guy wrote:HAHAHA, that's good stuff. Damn Calavera, you have to be going way back in time to find something like this from Narcissus. You that bored where you are thumbing through the archives?
I don't have to look far. I just close my eyes.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

BoneyCork wrote:
Calavera wrote:
I don't have to look far. I just close my eyes.
ooo la la
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99
Been thanked: 0

Post by Narcissus »

Hahaha. This is beautiful. I haven't told this story in years!
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...