What do you think of this car

Be careful where you tread in here, and remember "./a.out > /dev/null"...
User avatar
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
Posts: 2601
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:54 pm
Location: Ontario
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by Code-Red » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:11 pm

ThinkTank wrote:Heh. It wasn't intentional. Just attempting to defend my favourite car. However, it seems I am out-matched. I really know not very much about cars. Well, that's not entirely true, but I'm by no means an expert. I agree the AWD will beat all others in a straight drag, but corners... corners. Surely that's where the fun comes in to play.
As I don't actually own an RX-7 (and being only 24 with one year's no claims I wouldn't be able to get insurance anyway) I can only go by what I see. And every time it's been an FD Vs. Skyline, the Mazda's taken it.
I don't think the Skyline's a *bad* car. I just don't like them. And the RX-7 seems to out-perform it 9/10.

For what it's worth, I *do* like the Skyline's little brother though. A Nissan Sunny Pulsar GTi-R is high on my list of 'Want to buy' cars.
Where do you live?
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16207
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by |darc| » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:45 pm

that_guy wrote:Does this new guy hold some sort of record for getting into an arguement with someone the fastest? :lol: I don't even think I moved that fast when I first joined up here. 3 days in new guy, I'm impressed. :P


I know this really isn't a true argument, but hey. I still find it hilarious
It's not really his fault, he stumbled on the argumentative Code-Red's favorite subject to argue about. :P
It's thinking...
User avatar
ThinkTank
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by ThinkTank » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:10 am

Code-Red wrote: Where do you live?
Hmm...? I live in the UK.

Arguments are fun, if it's not a case of "You're wrong!" "No, you're wrong!".
When it's "You're wrong because..." it becomes fun.
Image
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
Posts: 3652
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by Sir Savant » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 am

ThinkTank wrote:
Code-Red wrote: Where do you live?
Hmm...? I live in the UK.

Arguments are fun, if it's not a case of "You're wrong!" "No, you're wrong!".
When it's "You're wrong because..." it becomes fun.
No, you're just wrong. Sorry, this is null. Reality doesn't work that way here.
User avatar
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
Posts: 2601
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:54 pm
Location: Ontario
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by Code-Red » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:45 am

|darc| wrote:
that_guy wrote:Does this new guy hold some sort of record for getting into an arguement with someone the fastest? :lol: I don't even think I moved that fast when I first joined up here. 3 days in new guy, I'm impressed. :P


I know this really isn't a true argument, but hey. I still find it hilarious
It's not really his fault, he stumbled on the argumentative Code-Red's favorite subject to argue about. :P
Bingo. And in null, I'm always right.
User avatar
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Posts: 3071
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: For British Eyes Only...
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by Smiley » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:50 am

My family used to have a 1985 nissan pulsar; what a piece of crap. And my sister had a 1993 sentra that had transmission problems constantly. point is, no one car is perfect.
Image
User avatar
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
Posts: 2601
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:54 pm
Location: Ontario
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by Code-Red » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:36 am

Smiley wrote:My family used to have a 1985 nissan pulsar; what a piece of crap. And my sister had a 1993 sentra that had transmission problems constantly. point is, no one car is perfect.
North American Pulsars are crap. They've got a weak 1.6L, and they are ugly. The B13 Sentra's had synchro problems, and pop-out issues due to faulty welds on the transmission.

Nissan is still ftw though.
User avatar
ThinkTank
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by ThinkTank » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:44 am

Code-Red wrote: North American Pulsars are crap.
By the sounds of it, yeah. They sound like our (UK's) version of the standard Nissan Sunny. Over here the Pulsar GTi-R was a supercharged 2.0L engine which kicked out around 220+BHP as standard. Oh, it was AWD aswell.

This is the Sunny Pulsar (that bonnet is standard).
Image

It was later replaced by the Almera (which is still going today). However, finding a GTI version of this car in the UK is not very likely. I'd be willing to bet there's less than 50 in the entire UK.
Image
Code-Red wrote:Bingo. And in null, I'm always right.
... that sucks (for me, anyway) :(
Image
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11443
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by Specially Cork » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:55 am

Pure sex:

Image
Image
User avatar
ThinkTank
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by ThinkTank » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:01 am

I like everything about them Civics... except the door handles. But I can live with that.
My friend was going to sell his Mini to get one of the Type-Rs, but opted against it in the end. Foolish.
Image
User avatar
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Posts: 4194
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:51 pm
Location: Calacera County
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What do you think of this car

Post by Calavera » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Smiley wrote:And my sister had a 1993 sentra that had transmission problems constantly. point is, no one car is perfect.
Ah, 1993 the year of the Jaguar. Did you know that a very small number of Sentras were made with built in Atari Jaguar's? It's true, now I know the Sentra may seem like an odd choice well Atari first pitched the idea to the Jaguar Automobile Company they sat down with the head of Jaguar played some Club Drive, seconds later Atari was thrown out and Jaguar was evening going to sue over ruining the fine name of Jaguar.
Image
Post Reply