Monopoly Junior

Be careful where you tread in here, and remember "./a.out > /dev/null"...
Post Reply
User avatar
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Monopoly Junior

Post by Eviltaco64X » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Image
User avatar
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Posts: 4195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:51 pm
Location: Calacera County
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Calavera » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:46 am

Yep,

Image
Image
User avatar
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Eviltaco64X » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:05 am

I used to play that game on one of my school's trusty Packard Bells.
User avatar
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Posts: 4195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:51 pm
Location: Calacera County
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Calavera » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:35 am

Eviltaco64X wrote:I used to play that game on one of my school's trusty Packard Bells.
My school used a network packet system using various protocols and binary data. Coupled with some low level Q-basic, to hook 1,000 Dreamcast systems together to make a supercomputer. The people who made it were all the top of their field, and the output this could do was absolutely stunning for Y2K. Remember how good the graphics of games like Shenmue and Shenmue 2 were? We'll imagine about 1000x that!

I will say that modern graphics have caught up with it, but only just recently. It was wild seeing GTA V graphics back in 2000, your brain almost couldn't comprehend it! The school no longer using the Dreamcast Supercomputer anymore, it was sold off a few years ago.
Image
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16216
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by |darc| » Mon May 01, 2017 2:18 pm

I played this on Friday.

And by this I don't mean Monopoly.
It's thinking...
User avatar
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Eviltaco64X » Tue May 09, 2017 11:24 pm

You're only In Jail until you realize you're Just Visiting
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11443
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Specially Cork » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:31 am

This is such a shit game.

By 'this' I mean EvilTaco's mom
By 'shit' I mean sloppy
By 'game' I mean fuck
Image
User avatar
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Eviltaco64X » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Specially Cork wrote:This is such a shit game.

By 'this' I mean EvilTaco's mom
By 'shit' I mean sloppy
By 'game' I mean fuck
I would like to take this opportunity to say that the t in eviltaco is not capitalized
User avatar
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Eviltaco64X » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Calavera wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote:I used to play that game on one of my school's trusty Packard Bells.
My school used a network packet system using various protocols and binary data. Coupled with some low level Q-basic, to hook 1,000 Dreamcast systems together to make a supercomputer. The people who made it were all the top of their field, and the output this could do was absolutely stunning for Y2K. Remember how good the graphics of games like Shenmue and Shenmue 2 were? We'll imagine about 1000x that!

I will say that modern graphics have caught up with it, but only just recently. It was wild seeing GTA V graphics back in 2000, your brain almost couldn't comprehend it! The school no longer using the Dreamcast Supercomputer anymore, it was sold off a few years ago.
This is an under-appreciated post. Thank you, LucasArts and thank you, Grim Fandango.
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11443
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Specially Cork » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 am

Eviltaco64X wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:This is such a shit game.

By 'this' I mean EvilTaco's mom
By 'shit' I mean sloppy
By 'game' I mean fuck
I would like to take this opportunity to say that the t in eviltaco is not capitalized
I will capitalize whatever the fuck I want. Fucking communist.
Image
User avatar
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Monopoly Junior

Post by Eviltaco64X » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Specially Cork wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:This is such a shit game.

By 'this' I mean EvilTaco's mom
By 'shit' I mean sloppy
By 'game' I mean fuck
I would like to take this opportunity to say that the t in eviltaco is not capitalized
I will capitalize whatever the fuck I want. Fucking communist.
I hated capitalism but a fellow board member gave me some insight:
DaMadFiddler wrote:Since knowledge, thinking, and rational action are properties of the individual, since the choice to exercise his rational faculty or not depends on the individual, man's survival requires that those who think be free of the interference of those who don't.
My sickles went to the curb that day. I still have some hammers.
Post Reply