DC Movie Player

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

DC Movie Player

Post by Basil »

I wish someone complete it !
source code is accessible there :
http://geocities.com/dcdev2003/download.html
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Re: DC Movie Player

Post by emptythought »

OneThirty8 is working on a video player based on the VCD spec called VC\DC.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

VC\DC can play vcd and mpeg , DC Movie Player can play formats such as : afs , avi ,mov etc with good quality - video : up to 1000 kb/s ,audio : up to 56 kb/s according my tests .But the latest version has no audio/video sinc.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Yeah, but if you ask him maybe he'll implement them. Assuming by AVI you mean DivX, he could easily use DCDivx's source.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

fackue wrote:Yeah, but if you ask him maybe he'll implement them. Assuming by AVI you mean DivX, he could easily use DCDivx's source.
That's what I had planned on if I decide to implement support for DivX. Other codecs and other container formats really don't interest me for VC/DC. For another player, maybe, if I find the time, but VC/DC was supposed to just be a VCD and MPEG player so I don't want to make the code a huge mess just for the sake of supporting more stuff. The code is pretty messy already from what I remember (I haven't even had the time to look at it since starting my new job in April) and trying to support too much will only make it worse. Also, the way VC/DC was designed doesn't really make implementing .mov or .avi or other codecs very easy. Had I used ffmeg or xine as my backend rather than separate MPEG video and audio decoding libraries, implementing all of that would be fairly trivial but I didn't go that route when I started.

Once I get more settled into a routine with my new job and everything I should have a few hours here and there to work on this stuff. There's plenty that I still wanted to do on the DC, so I might work on something like DCMoviePlayer at some point.