List of unlicensed, pressed Dreamcast software

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

List of unlicensed, pressed Dreamcast software

Post by Quzar »

I've never seen a good list of these, so I figured I'd try to start one. I don't own any so these are going to be unofficial names, hopefully you folks can help me clean them up:

I'll put them into pseudo categories

Cheat/Import/Boot discs:
Code Breaker
GameShark lite
GameShark CDX
Cheats n Codes Volume 1 by GameShark
Action Replay
Blaze Xploder
DC-IE Import Enabler
DC-X

Applications:
Bleem! for Dreamcast GT2
Bleem! for Dreamcast Tekken 3
Bleem! for Dreamcast Metal Gear Solid
Blaze MP3 Player
Pelican MP3 Player
VCD Player (Xing Hong)

Games:
Feet of Fury
Inhabitants
Maqiupai
Cool Herders
Last Hope
Dream Para Para
Dangerous Toys (I've never found any info on if this was actually pressed or only exists digitally)

If you know any others, please post them here, I'm sure there are some demo things of sorts.
Last edited by Quzar on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: List of unlicensed, pressed Dreamcast software

Post by |darc| »

Blaze MP3 Player and Pelican MP3 Player were both called MP3DC.
It's thinking...
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Grimlock »

This isn't really pertinent, but since it was mentioned, does anyone know where I can get a copy of Dream Para Para?

Hail Picard!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

"DC-X for Dreamcast" was an import player by Future Console Design, part of the Fire International Group (aka Xploder/Blaze). A similar product known as DC-IE (Import Enabler) was also available, and may well have been a simple territorial re-branding.

EDIT: According to myself, DC-IE lacked the option to force video type (50/60Hz) or cable type (composite/RGB/VGA).

There was also a demo version of Action Replay/Gameshark CDX floating around on boob! and other sites for a while--if I recall correctly, there was one of each version available.

There were also a few VCD players. There was the awful Xing Hong one, which I've only ever encountered in ripped form but presumably was available on a pressed disc at one point, and two much superior and rather similar players that were once sold on Lik-Sang, the main distinguishing feature being that one also supported MP3 playback (though I'm not completely certain--it may have been that one had a remote; a more definite answer can probably be found somewhere in the depths of the Homebrew Apps Forum).
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Grimlock wrote:This isn't really pertinent, but since it was mentioned, does anyone know where I can get a copy of Dream Para Para?
eBay or Yahoo japan. A while ago Playasia had it listed as availible, and I bought one but then they turned around saying it wasn't =\.

Side note: I got to play the thing at MagFest4 because Metafox brought his. Only person I've heard of owning it. It was damn fun.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grimlock »

Believe me I've been checking EBay. And you can't use Yahoo Japan unless you're Japanese.

Hail Picard!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

There are bidding services that buy the item(s) you want.

The DC-X is freakin' nice btw. The video options are fantastic.
http://www.wolfsoft.de/shop/product_inf ... s_id/8568/

To help with the list:

A playable demo of Wind & Water was included to the German Retro magazine:
http://www.redspotgames.com/demoversion ... n-retro-8/
Insane homebrew collector.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

nd two much superior and rather similar players that were once sold on Lik-Sang, the main distinguishing feature being that one also supported MP3 playback (though I'm not completely certain--it may have been that one had a remote; a more definite answer can probably be found somewhere in the depths of the Homebrew Apps Forum).
Yeah !
http://members.lycos.co.uk/dreamplay/dcvcd/
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

There's also Japanese Strip Poker, though it's possible that came on a CD-R actually. The pictures of the packaging that I've seen look pretty low rent.

Then there's DreamPhoto which is also sometimes called Photo Hunter. It's a photo viewing utility though it also has a couple mini-games. It came with a mouse which is not compatible with the official Dreamcast mouse (it actually came out earlier, I think).

The demo disc of Wind & Water Power Battles counts, too, maybe. It's a pressed CD with the Wind & Water demo on it, plus a bunch of homebrew games for the C64 and other old computers (not playable on a Dreamcast, of course). Came with the German magazine Retro a couple months ago.

There's also a whole lot of Russian bootleg stuff. In addition to straight bootlegs and 2(or more)-in-1 type packs, they produced pressed CDs of a lot of homebrew stuff, like some different DOOM TCs using nxDOOM, and also unofficially localized versions of a few US and Japanese games. They even put out Half Life and Propeller Arena. The only original Russian game I know of, though, is Oh, Lucky Day! (O, Schastlivchik!), which is the Russian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. There were three different volumes made, plus at least one combined disc that had volumes 1 and 2 on it together.

...word is bondage...
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

There's also a whole lot of Russian bootleg stuff. In addition to straight bootlegs and 2(or more)-in-1 type packs, they produced pressed CDs of a lot of homebrew stuff, like some different DOOM TCs using nxDOOM, and also unofficially localized versions of a few US and Japanese games. They even put out Half Life and Propeller Arena. The only original Russian game I know of, though, is Oh, Lucky Day! (O, Schastlivchik!), which is the Russian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. There were three different volumes made, plus at least one combined disc that had volumes 1 and 2 on it together.
:grin: :grin: :grin:
russian Half Life is very good translated .
Almost every dreamcast game till 2005/06 was translated to Russian be several pirate company .
ETC !
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

Can you tell me what exactly this is? Is it a modified DreamKey or PlanetWeb? Looks interesting.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

It says DreamArena in the bottom right corner.

MY GUESS IS:
PlanetWeb 1.0.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

it`s based on DreamOn menu and i`m not sure what exactly that version includs(i have another version) , PlanetWeb and DreamKey1.0 and/or 2.0 hacked - Russian version and probadly some video using GypPlayer version 1.0 or 2.0 .
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.dreamarena.ru/

I couldn't find any informations on dreamarena.ru.