Has anyone thought about starting a Broken Thunder petition?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Would you buy Broken Thunder?

Yes.
77%
No.
9%
Maybe so...
14%

Total votes: 22
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Has anyone thought about starting a Broken Thunder petition?

Post by Grimlock »

For those who don't know, Broken Thunder is yet another shooter that could be Dreamcast bound. Well, at least Segagaga Domain thinks so. Here is a direct link to more information about the game as well as Segagaga Domain's opinion concerning its possible future with the Dreamcast.

http://segagagadomain.com/Bbrokenthunder.htm

So, I was thinking that maybe some sort of petition could be started up. Now, I'm not very good at that kind of thing. So my objective here is to basically bring it to the attention of people here who could do something. And of course, we can all discuss the game here.

Hail Picard!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Broken Thunder is yet another shooter that could be Dreamcast bound
Wow, what a detailed explanation >_<

Just to let you know, Broken Thunder is -NOT- yet another shooter, it's Thunder Force VI :!:
Shinto wrote:I was checking aroud Dreamcast-scene the other day and I saw a page that said something about Thunder Force VI that was supposed to had came out for the Dreamcast back in 2000 but Technosoft canceled the game and were bought by another company. But I also read on wikipedia that Technosoft are rehiring their old workers to work on the game again. Is it still possible that can convince Technosoft to make a Port to the Dreamcast? I'm willing to make a petition towards it.

Dreamcast-Scene (Thunder Force VI)
http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.ph ... derForceVI

Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Force_series

You can let Factory Noise know you want the game on DC via their mailform:
http://www.factory-noise-ag.com/mailform.php
Insane homebrew collector.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Hmm, another $80 DC title. Thats a very good question.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grimlock »

Christuserloeser wrote:
Broken Thunder is yet another shooter that could be Dreamcast bound
Wow, what a detailed explanation >_<

Just to let you know, Broken Thunder is -NOT- yet another shooter, it's Thunder Force VI :!:
I was just giving a vague description. I included a link with more information for anyone who wishes to read more.

Hail Picard!
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

APE wrote:Hmm, another $80 DC shooter. Thats a very good question.
Fixed.

Anyway, we should ask for them to develop the game? :?:
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Gladly would buy it. I'm still mad at myself for missing out on Last Hope Limited edition.
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grimlock »

RMD wrote:Gladly would buy it. I'm still mad at myself for missing out on Last Hope Limited edition.
I didn't :D.

Hail Picard!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Juan wrote:Anyway, we should ask for them to develop the game? :?:
No, they are developing it. Atm it's confirmed for PC but there are good reasons to assume they would be interested in releasing it for Dreamcast. Broken Thunder is what they already were working on for Dreamcast in 2000 before Technosoft went bankrupt.

http://segagagadomain.com/Bbrokenthunder.htm
On 2007-03-11, SegaGagaDomain.com wrote:Now Factory Noise & A.G have released this sample disc of their up-coming game. The disc contains a high resolution MPEG movie of the new opening sequence, 20 high resolution GC jpg files, 3 MP3 audio tracks, 3 CDDA tracks (same as the MP3 tracks) and a text file. The text file featured on the disc doesn't give much away in terms of what system the game is heading for apart from it's being currently PC programmed. It's quite possible that it may head to the Dreamcast since that was the system it was originally intended for plus every shooter released on the Dreamcast to date including Trigger Heart (Feb 2007) and Karasu (March 2007) have sold extremely well. A well known and loved series such as Thunder Force could easily be the biggest selling shooter on the Dreamcast to date as long as they got it right.
...and here's a nice LostLevels.org article on Thunder Force VI, featuring the original Promo/Intro video for the early Dreamcast version: http://www.lostlevels.org/200607/
Insane homebrew collector.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Ahh - that video was super sweet! I really hope that it does come out on Dreamcast. Even though the system was simply been a home to commercial shooters for the past 2+ years with the exception of Puyo Puyo Fever, another great game is always welcome. It would be nice to hear it come out on the Naomi arcade system. Then...it would probably be a done deal for a Dreamcast conversion.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Shinto
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shinto »

Sorry guys I havent followed up with a Petition. I haven't been home in a long time so you can make a petition. i'll sign it.
Yeah I'm Back, So Be Happy!
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Ahh - that video was super sweet! I really hope that it does come out on Dreamcast. Even though the system was simply been a home to commercial shooters for the past 2+ years with the exception of Puyo Puyo Fever, another great game is always welcome. It would be nice to hear it come out on the Naomi arcade system. Then...it would probably be a done deal for a Dreamcast conversion.
And what about the Adventure Love games released on Japan in 2005?