Trigger Heart Exelica To Be Released 2007 for DC???

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trigger Heart Exelica To Be Released 2007 for DC???

Post by TechnoWolf »

Has anyone else heard about this??

http://contragears.com/new-game-for-sega-dreamcast
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Fanboy site wrote:The Dreamcast appeared to have died an early death at the hands of the evil PlayStation 2 some three years back
More like 5 years. The "evil" PS2 with its amazing library of games won. Get over it. The Dreamcast had amazing potential, but Sega continually shot themselves in the foot with poor marketing decisions.

Yes, I know I'm going to get negative PMs and replies from this, but I can't stand blind fanboyism. This is the gaming forum, so not everything has to be pro-Dreamcast.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

DC is great hardware but Sega doesnt know how to run a business worth shit.
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

The Dreamcast appeared to have died an early death

Post by TechnoWolf »

Sega seemed to really know what they were doing during the Genesis days, but they were simpler times in marketing. The Commodore 64 paved the way for the console age, and NES and Gen reigned for years. But there's a lesson from Commodore that Sega and a few others should have learned from. By the early 90's Commie was slapping a C= logo on every game that walked through their doors, and many of them sssuuuucccckkeedd. They became game pimps, and brought down the company because of it.
Anyway, let's face the real reason we love our DC's....{insert site name here}.
As far as Playstation, I own a PS2 as well, but I've always thought the games were over-priced and mostly over-rated to be honest. Yeah, some were must-own (Final Fantasy VII, PSX Doom, GTA Vice City, Castlevania SOTN, Suikoden II) But those are the exceptions that are worth paying for. And besides, you need to invest close to $200 for boot disks and swap case mods if you want to run any kind of copy on the PS2 since they put unique grooves on the game CD's and DVD's that the boot disks emulate. I'm saying even for a totally legal demo CD-R that you want to burn you need all this expensive extra crap. I'm over PS. A local buddy just bought a ps3 on ebay for like $1,200. (He's a newlywed who just bought his first house, and works at McDonalds).....$1,200????? What is he thinking?? LOL. I understand the hardware can smoke most PC's...but c'omon Sony!!!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:
Fanboy site wrote:The Dreamcast appeared to have died an early death at the hands of the evil PlayStation 2 some three years back
More like 5 years. The "evil" PS2 with its amazing library of games won. Get over it. The Dreamcast had amazing potential, but Sega continually shot themselves in the foot with poor marketing decisions.
The Dreamcast was indeed marketed very poorly, but the PS2 was marketed dishonestly. That's what makes it "evil."

I think the Dreamcast has a better library than the PS2 does and it has comparable graphics.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

|darc| wrote:
butters wrote:
The Dreamcast was indeed marketed very poorly, but the PS2 was marketed dishonestly. That's what makes it "evil."

I think the Dreamcast has a better library than the PS2 does and it has comparable graphics.
Evil or not, the PS2 was the only console of its generation to get an abundance of good Japanese RPGs.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:Evil or not, the PS2 was the only console of its generation to get an abundance of good Japanese RPGs.
But this has nothing to do with the PS2 killing the Dreamcast. By the time the the DC was dying at its hands, the PS2 still didn't have that selection of RPGs. When the PS2 launched, all I played were Japanese RPGs, and the PS2's shitty launch titles and lack of anything good coming out in its near future was the entire reason I dropped my insane eagerness for the PS2 and bought a DC.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

|darc| wrote:
butters wrote:Evil or not, the PS2 was the only console of its generation to get an abundance of good Japanese RPGs.
But this has nothing to do with the PS2 killing the Dreamcast. By the time the the DC was dying at its hands, the PS2 still didn't have that selection of RPGs. When the PS2 launched, all I played were Japanese RPGs, and the PS2's shitty launch titles and lack of anything good coming out in its near future was the entire reason I dropped my insane eagerness for the PS2 and bought a DC.
The PS2 did not kill the Dreamcast. Sega's poor reputation after the 32x/SegaCD, then the Saturn bombing, followed by crappy marketing is what killed the Dreamcast. Sega could have released the DC with no competition at all and they would have screwed it up.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

butters wrote:The PS2 did not kill the Dreamcast.
That's not completely wrong.
butters wrote:Sega's poor reputation after the 32x/SegaCD, then the Saturn bombing, followed by crappy marketing is what killed the Dreamcast.
That's a good bit of who's actually to blame. Though Saturn wasn't a complete failure: Considering their incredibly bad marketing, which was even much worse than for Dreamcast, and that they for some odd reason decided not to release any of the great Japanese games in the west, one could say it was a surprisingly huge success.

What really does save the system from beeing mentioned among the lines of Virtual Boy, 32x, 3DO and Jaguar though, would be the awesome hardware specs, some exclusive games and the great success in Japan (!).
butters wrote:Sega could have released the DC with no competition at all and they would have screwed it up.
That's where you're completely wrong. They could have survived PS2 and be successful and all.

In fact they actually were extremely successful with having sold almost 10 Million + units in two years. Remember that GameCube and xbox sold 20 Million each until this very day.

They however stopped all of a sudden when they realized Micrsoft decided to enter the market with the xbox. I assume there was some deal with MS (Shenmue II, Panzer Dragoon Orta, etc.). So they just thought: Well, we could risk the company by staying in biz and fighting against three competitors (Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft) - or we save the company by becoming a third party software company.

I just hope they weren't forced into this position because of that little Windows CE logo on the console...
Insane homebrew collector.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

No EA and no Square-Enix = early death.
And most big third parties didn't care much about the Dreamcast either.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

The Dreamcast could have made it. Their marketing was better than the Saturn. Those early Saturn commercials were just insane to watch...insane as in wtf am I watching (exception is the Nights into Dreams commercial of fly plaything...that was brilliant). I remember my jaw dropping when I saw the Dreamcast commercials...Randy Moss, A.I., Pedro Martinez, etc. Gorgeous graphics.

Sega hardly got any love. There were a few companies that definitely showed good support like Capcom, Infogrames, and Crave. Some dropped one or two gems and then just vanished (Namco). Some hardly even showed up (Konami). Sony's marketing machine promised the world and didn't deliver. While Sega was blazing a trail of online gaming, Sony dragged their feet.

Is it noteworthy that games are still coming out for the Dreamcast? Absolutely.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

One of the main reasons the DC was overlooked by the masses is due to all the PS1 ports... Almost everyone I know thought it was basically just the same as a PS1... Only when I showed them some of the games did they realize.

TechnoWolf: Commodore very rarely had their logos on any games, due to the fact they didn't make them... The only thing they had was "Amiga" written on the label... But almost all the games for the Amiga were available for the PC aswell. The Amiga failed due to bad hardware choices and serious upgrade limitations. I was an Amiga fanatic from around 1987 till about 1996. Computer games have a totally different publishing routine to Console games... Mainly the fact that there are no development kits, so a company doesn't need permission to publish a game from the manufacturer. :)
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

one thing about the dreamcast, imo it had some of the best sports games. i prefer the 2k series to ea sports anyday.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Hmm..what's this strange sense of deja vu I'm feeling? Ah, it must be another discussion on the dcemulation boards about what "killed the Dreamcast"!
Juan wrote:And most big third parties didn't care much about the Dreamcast either.
This is true, however it too is largely an effect of Sony's Playstation 2 hype machine. People often only think of hype as targeting consumers without realizing that at least as much attention is paid to developers and retailers when creating a hype machine. That's how hype works and Sony did a fabulous job of hyping the PS2 that's for sure, no one could deny that.

...word is bondage...
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TechnoWolf »

BaldMonk wrote:One of the main reasons the DC was overlooked by the masses is due to all the PS1 ports... Almost everyone I know thought it was basically just the same as a PS1... Only when I showed them some of the games did they realize.

TechnoWolf: Commodore very rarely had their logos on any games, due to the fact they didn't make them... The only thing they had was "Amiga" written on the label... But almost all the games for the Amiga were available for the PC aswell. The Amiga failed due to bad hardware choices and serious upgrade limitations. I was an Amiga fanatic from around 1987 till about 1996. Computer games have a totally different publishing routine to Console games... Mainly the fact that there are no development kits, so a company doesn't need permission to publish a game from the manufacturer. :)
Agreed, but Commodore did in fact produce some in-house, and some sub-contracted games at least for C64. (I guess you did say "rarely" didn't you?) Yes, and they were very basic (public domain type), and frankly sucked. Thus my point, they should have done the same thing, but with GOOD games that donned their logo. If they had been more in bed with "Gremlin Graphics" or "Ocean", "Epyx", etc from the early days and developed exclusive games, C= may have been better-able to separate itself from the flak. An exec once said, "Commodore is in the business of producing and selling hi quality computers, not games. We leave that up to the other guys." I'm trying to say that they should have considered both. But hey, let bygones be bygones. It was just tough to see the C= fall. :cry: If C= were still around, and made a core-duo PC, I'd buy it just because.
It is said that the C64 was not technically a console, but actually it arguably WAS...It depends how the execs look at it. They sure did market it like a console, as it was the first computer of it's kind that was sold at all the low to mid level retail outlets like Sears, Zayre, KMart, Toys-R-Us, etc.....same place you see/saw consoles.
BTW, there's a great DVD called "The Deathbed Vigil" about the collapse of C=. http://www.frogpondmedia.com/dbv/index.html
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I just took a look at ebgames, and there is nothing coming out for the Xbox. Granted, there may be some releases that came out here but are getting released across the pond...but to think that the Dreamcast will outlive the xbox...that is pretty interesting.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I love it how 2/3rds of all threads degrade into this. Anyways, I hope it comes out, since every new game that comes out for the DC prolongs it's death just that much more.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I agree, but:
Quzar wrote:I hope it comes out
:?: - It is out and so will be Karous and likely a few dozen other games during the next couple years. It's not that they drop the NAOMI any time soon. Just take a look at the looong list of sheduled NAOMI games ;)
Insane homebrew collector.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I Still wish casltevania : Resurrection came out.......
Have you played dreamcast today?