Help setting up Dream Passport 3.0

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
eccoclassic
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help setting up Dream Passport 3.0

Post by eccoclassic »

My pc monitor went out so I have to make due with what I have. I have used San Francisco Rush 2049 and some exploring for browsing the web.
Successful some times, but not more often than the former.
So I have Illbleed, and I never noticed it has a network option. And the browser is Dream Passport 3.0. I have no knowledge of Kanji, so it's impossible for me to read it.
I have figured out the functions of some things, but most of them I do not know what their function is. In the options it has my dial up #, dns #'s,ID & PW.

But when I try signing on, an error message comes on in Kanji.
So if there is a walk through in setting up Dream Passport 3.0 for English users that someone here can point me to, that would be great.
This is better than the Planetweb Browser I ever had. Even though one had Dreamcall.
And the one on Rush 2049 is almost impossible. You cannot type in web addresses so it's a type and search mission all the way through. Someone please help a fellow Dreamcast user since 2000 out! :D
eccoclassic
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eccoclassic »

9 Views and no reply. Okkk
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

It's only being a few hours :roll:
eccoclassic
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eccoclassic »

A few hours, but hey just like you mr. troll. None of the views tried to help me. If I wanted to see trolls I'd pop in a tape of March of The Wooden Soldiers.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

You need to be patient. 9 views is nothing.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

eccoclassic wrote:A few hours, but hey just like you mr. troll. None of the views tried to help me. If I wanted to see trolls I'd pop in a tape of March of The Wooden Soldiers.
HAHA UR FUNNEY

Every single user that read this thread knows the answer, but no one answered because you're an ass.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

Was I the tenth viewer?

Pick me, I know the answer...

Shs... It's top secret!
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

I popped in here more out of curiosity as to why you would feel so compelled to use your DC to browse the web when your PC works just fine (I'm assuming it works fine since you created this thread in the first place).

BTW, there aren't as many active users here on the site as there used to be so patience will get you further than a kick in the shins to some of the people around here.
eccoclassic
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eccoclassic »

I posted here through a WebTV unit.
My pc works fine, but as I said in my original post, the monitor went out. I am now able to go online using Dream Passport 3.0. And trying the various options and browser settings, I have drawn a diagram telling what each function for the commands in L & R do. There's a small few to figure out what their function is. But I am getting there. It's really simple if you just take the time to do it.

The problem I had was that it was dialing the area code without telling me. So I deleted it from my isp options using another game with a built in Planetweb browser.

Once I have another monitor, I'll download the English translation of DP with added features and experiment with that. If I had a Sega Saturn I would attempt going online with that. Although a pc can accomplish so much more, you do it just because you can.
I mean, it's neat going online with a game console. I have a modded Xbox with a web browser for it. And I can save files and music to the hdd.