new dc game announced

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by GyroVorbis »

The graphics looked a bit better in-game, still not that impressive. I think the gameplay looks good though.

The music reminds me of Wario's Woods from SNES. :lol:
bizzle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bizzle »

Segata Sanshiro wrote:bear in mind that this is a NAOMI arcade port, which means that it has to compete with cutting edge machines at the arcades in japan, so i dont believe that it would look/move/play crap... the big screenshots might be misleading... trust me
Give me a break.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Shmup fans will pick it up. Those that aren't won't. I read a gamer's review some time back about this game, and he had nothing but praise for this game when he played it in the arcades in Japan.

As far as screenshots, check out system 16:

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id ... ge=4#18522

I don't understand what everyone is griping about. Radilgy in screenshots didn't look like anything to write home about considering how great Under Defeat looked and that it was coming out the same time. I recommend showing Warashi some love and picking this game up so that we can see some more Dreamcast love!
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Shmup fans will pick it up. Those that aren't won't.
Says you. I consider myself a fan of shooters (not "shmups," though I guess, so maybe that's the difference), but I don't see any reason to buy this game. I guess I haven't read the positive review that you mentioned, but every review or impression that I have read of the game was quite negative. They've all said that the game's mechanics simply don't work and that the poor graphics and style only make bad worse.

Then, I didn't think Radilgy was very good either. Not bad, but just generic and uninspired.

I don't think a fan of shooters has to slobber all over every single shooter that gets released, even if it's on the Dreamcast. We've got to have some semblence of self-respect don't we? There's more than enough *GOOD* shooters on the DC so there doesn't seem to be any reason to waste time on games like Trigger Heart, Radilgy, Trizeal, etc.

...word is bondage...
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

If everybody took that stance that you have, then the Dreamcast would have been completely dead a long time ago...I, frankly, don't mind dropping some money to show that there are fans still willing to support the system. How many times did we hear "this is the last dreamcast game" ? They've been saying that since Ikaruga; but since fans of the system keep showing their support, the system keeps getting games. As far as reviews go, I only go by reviews of reviewers who think like I do. If they haven't reviewed a game that I am interested in picking up, then I buy it myself and make my own decision. Plus, how many games have I seen a screen shot and thought to myself...this game doesn't look that good. However, when I get the game home and start playing it, I realize that the game looks much better than what a screen shot actually portrays. You can rain on the parade, but another dreamcast game coming out is good news.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

If everybody took the stance you take, the developers would never put in the work necessary to make a good game because flawed and uninspired crap would sell just as well. It's a good thing that there's people like me out here to encourage developers into doing something better.

...word is bondage...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

The only reason they make the ports in the first place is because they figure that the Dreamcast fanboy base makes for some secure sells, no matter how crappy their game came out or how bad it did on the arcades.
They're not keeping it alive, they're just stealing jewelry from a corpse.
junker2020
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by junker2020 »

This has some pretty good detail on the game, plus vids.

http://insomnia.ac/reviews/naomi/trigge ... review.php
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

What are you talking about? The ports have been going on forever - it was Sega's intention all along with the development of Naomi and the Dreamcast. Want proof? Check out System 16's Sega/Naomi section and count a few dozen games that went from the arcades to the Dreamcast. Either way, I am happy that another game is coming out for the dreamcast. Whether it is homebrew or commercial, anything that tries to keep the system being played and thought of is good news to me.

Thanks for putting that link. It was an interesting article...to think that Warashi has fallen so far from what was considered one of the better shooters on the Saturn with Shienryu. I guess the only thing that we can hope for is that it is more than just a port and that they perhaps make some corrections / changes and include a Dreamcast edition as the odds are that if there is going to be a Dreamcast port....there may be a Gamecube and PS2 port to follow.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:What are you talking about?
I'm talking about the crappy ports that came out after Sega dropped the Dreamcast (although Ikaruga would've made a great last title, but I doubt we'll see another port that good).
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Juan wrote:I'm talking about the crappy ports that came out after Sega dropped the Dreamcast (although Ikaruga would've made a great last title, but I doubt we'll see another port that good).
I think the Dreamcast has had some excellent games since Ikaruga came out. Shikigami No Shiro 2 is actually a better game than Ikaruga in my opinion. If developers want to make games like that or Under Defeat, I certainly hope they keep making them and porting them to the Dreamcast. It's just the Trizeals and Chaos Fields that I could live without.

That article does make Trigger Heart sound a bit more interesting, in my opinion. Somewhat like Ikaruga, in fact, in that it's more of a puzzle-ish shooter than an all out blaster. It comes down to implementation and presentation, though, and so far I'm not impressed with Trigger Heart in those regards. Have to just wait and see, I guess.

...word is bondage...
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Darcus Magnus wrote:While it's great that Dreamcast games are still coming out, that looks like a Saturn game...
I can't seem to find a screenshot. What are you referring to? (link please)
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

HomerCIDAL wrote:
Darcus Magnus wrote:While it's great that Dreamcast games are still coming out, that looks like a Saturn game...
I can't seem to find a screenshot. What are you referring to? (link please)
video
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Am I seeing that right? Cel shaded graphics in a 2D shooter? Absolute gaming BLISS!
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Ahh...that video is sick! I can't wait until February!