new dc game announced

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

new dc game announced

Post by pavelbure »

not sure if this was posted before.

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/747/747885p1.html
New Dreamcast Game Announced
Japan won't let the dream go.
by Anoop Gantayat
November 28, 2006 - The Dreamcast appeared to have died an early death at the hands of the evil PlayStation 2 some three years back, but there's still some signs of life left in the first last generation console. A popular arcade site reports today that Japanese publisher Warashi will be porting its arcade shooter Trigger Heart Exelica to the system.

Trigger Heart is a vertical scrolling shooter that makes use of a three button system, one button for shooting, one for releasing a bomb, and one for using an "anchor shot." The anchor shot allows you to capture enemies in the air and lock on to enemies on the ground. When you've captured an enemy, you enter "capture mode," and can move it around and release it as a special type of bomb.

This presumably final Dreamcast game will hit Japanese retail on 2/22/2007, eight years and three months after the system was first released to Japan.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

I read this earlier at the DCiberia forums, and I was a bit exceptical but it seems to be true.
"Trigger Heart Extension" is now the last DC game... Until another Naomi shooters comes out :P
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Warashi, the maker of Shienryu... that must be good!
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

It its true, its really time to celebrate! :cheers:
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

IGN wrote: This presumably final Dreamcast game will hit Japanese retail on 2/22/2007, eight years and three months after the system was first released to Japan.
Mhmm... every Dreamcast game is "presumably" the last. Hell, Sega even TOLD us Under Defeat was the last, so I don't believe any of that shit anymore.

So what, has the Dreamcast officially outlived the Gamecube and Xbox?
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Is one game a year really surviving? Plus xbox has a few last titltes coming out to it the same with GC. All of them of course multiplatform titles.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

WOW, excellent news!!!!
Time to celebrate!!!

Dreamcast forever!
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro on Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

Looks great, old school :D :mrgreen:
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I am a big fan of old school shooters, especially 2d-type ones, and will defo attempt to track down a copy when its released; anyone know of any sites that might be taking pre-orders, or something?

I also think its great that dc is getting contiuned support.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

While it's great that Dreamcast games are still coming out, that looks like a Saturn game...
It's thinking...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Darcus Magnus wrote:While it's great that Dreamcast games are still coming out, that looks like a Saturn game...

I was thinking the same thing just now; looks like radiant silvergun.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

While it's great that Dreamcast games are still coming out, that looks like a Saturn game...
bear in mind that this is a NAOMI arcade port, which means that it has to compete with cutting edge machines at the arcades in japan, so i dont believe that it would look/move/play crap... the big screenshots might be misleading... trust me
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Darcus Magnus wrote:While it's great that Dreamcast games are still coming out, that looks like a Saturn game...
That's a bad thing? The Saturn is and shall remain undisputed as the king of 2D games.

This game, however, looks considerably worse than the average Saturn game. Little to no backgrounds, yet even what's there looks poorly drawn. The ships look like paper cutouts moving about the screen. Bullets are poorly drawn. Even more important than any of that, though, everyone I've talked to who's played the game says it's awful. Too difficult to control and totally uninspired bullet patterns.

Even if it does turn out to be "the last Dreamcast game," I'm passing.

While I suppose I shouldn't talk anyone out of their interest in a game I haven't even played myself, I'd recommend that anyone who doesn't have them look at some other shooters like Mars Matrix, Gigawing, Shikigami no Shiro 2 or Psyvariar 2 before getting Trigger Heart Excelica. They may not be the last Dreamcast games ever, but they are excellent shooters.

...word is bondage...
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

Could somebody please post a movie if at all possible? The screenshots kinda do make me wonder.

Overall it doesn't look too impressive, but the explosion effects look like they might be kinda cool looking. I can't really tell, because you have to see it in motion to judge special effects.

I wonder what Sega has to say about this. After all, the bastards did lie and tell us Under Defeat was the end of the DC. It's like they want to kill the DC.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

GyroVorbis wrote:I wonder what Sega has to say about this. After all, the bastards did lie and tell us Under Defeat was the end of the DC. It's like they want to kill the DC.
I don't think they care.
henzenmann
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by henzenmann »

GyroVorbis wrote:Could somebody please post a movie if at all possible? The screenshots kinda do make me wonder.

Overall it doesn't look too impressive, but the explosion effects look like they might be kinda cool looking. I can't really tell, because you have to see it in motion to judge special effects.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/11/ ... r-new.html

The graphics sure aren't that impressive, but the gameplay looks pretty sweet to me.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

GyroVorbis wrote:I wonder what Sega has to say about this. After all, the bastards did lie and tell us Under Defeat was the end of the DC. It's like they want to kill the DC.
As far as I know, last I read said that the early translations of SEGA's statement on Under Defeat were misinterpreted and that it was not meant to say specifically "this is the last dreamcast game" but more that "this is one of the last of the dreamcast games" to me, this seems quite possible. If I were in charge of writing the release notes at SEGA I probably would have said something along the lines of "Look, it's 06 and we're still making games! This is one of the last to be made though, so make sure to buy it, two or three copies in fact!"

Also, I wouldn't put all that much stock into that screenshot as it seems to have been taken from a camera and resized really weird (300x401 o_O?) and the youtube videos are really oddly resized as well. I'm downloading the "high resolution" versions from them now, maybe those will be more indicative?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Jeez guys, the videos doesnt look bad at all, its no Under Defeat, but it certainly looks better than Trizeal.
The hammer throw thingy looks like lots of fun... imagine playing it with the fishing rod ;)
TseTinGFunG
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TseTinGFunG »

Ahh interesting. Though I prefer going and reading dreamcast-scene.com article because that is probably ign source. sad but probably true. Another note is that warashi the makers of Trigger Heart Exelica haven't up dated the site. I see nowhere of any indication of a dreamcast version. Though i'm crossing my fingers for this one to come out.

Edit: They've updated the site with info on the dc release. This is awesome.
Last edited by TseTinGFunG on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now Playing - Counter-Strike Dreamcast (CSDC) Beta 5.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

sweet another SHUMP! Gaming nirvana for me. It says 2 player but i havent found a video or image of two people playing at once yet
*The Cadillac of signatures*