Radium for the Dreamcast Announced

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Radium for the Dreamcast Announced

Post by goatdan »

Revival Studios and GOAT Store Publishing today announced that Radium, a third person action adventure game originally slated to be published for the Game Boy Advance has been upgraded and will be making its way to the Dreamcast for this holiday season.

Radium is a futuristic-styled 3D action/adventure game, using a third person perspective. The game features a total 16 levels with very realistic 3D environments in 4 different scenarios. The game will also feature high quality graphics, a multitude of weapons, bonuses and upgrades and nicely balanced gameplay.

Gamers play as Nova, a female cyborg-experiment who has been captured and awakes inside a laboratory. You must escape from the lab that you are being held in, make your way to the city and figure out who or what is behind your kidnapping, and stop them before their plans can be spread any further.

More information about Radium will be revealed in the future. Information can be found at the official Radium Online web site at http://www.radium-game.com/ or GOAT Store Publishing at http://www.goatstore.com/publishing/
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Hope this is a pleasant surprise for everyone today. I don't think any of you knew this was coming...

And perhaps even more exciting, we've been in talks with Revival / Karma Studios quite a bit, and we may be releasing as many as 10 or so games of theirs within the next year or two. If anyone is wondering, Karma Studios is a developer who has developed games for the Playstation, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance, as well as other portable things.

Now that our web site has changed over, expect to see a lot of new and exciting announcements coming as soon as we can crank them out. There will hopefully be another one within a week or two, and there is of course the sweet JAMMA Joysticks including the Dreamcast version which we just announced :)
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

WOW! Excellent news, i personally wasnt expecting this.
I wish you and Revival Studios good luck in matrializing this project!

Cant wait for more info and dreamcast screenshots! I guess they'll be using polygon character models?
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

goatdan wrote:Hope this is a pleasant surprise for everyone today. I don't think any of you knew this was coming...
Awesome *shocking* news! :mrgreen:

The Pocket PC pics look nice, but I hope that the Dreamcast version features graphical improvements over it. Either way, it's a promising title.
And perhaps even more exciting, we've been in talks with Revival / Karma Studios quite a bit, and we may be releasing as many as 10 or so games of theirs within the next year or two.
DC releases? At least I hope they make more Dreamcast ports :)
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

Great news - i must admit i'm suprised
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Awesome stuff. I would really LOVE to do a level for it. The engine seems a bit like the old BUILD one used in games such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage and Blood. I?ve used that one for years and made quite some popular maps.

If there?s place for someone doing a map (just for the kicks and freelance)..
:worship: :drooly:
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

:o

That's awesome. It does remind me a lot of a third person Duke Nukem. Definitely unexpected.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Best news in a long time! That was certainly not expected! Where can I preorder? :)
Now, just waiting for some DC-screens to get the hype up. Or a trailer, since there is one for the other versions!
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

SeGaFrEaK NL wrote:Awesome stuff. I would really LOVE to do a level for it. The engine seems a bit like the old BUILD one used in games such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage and Blood. I?ve used that one for years and made quite some popular maps.

If there?s place for someone doing a map (just for the kicks and freelance)..
:worship: :drooly:
Oh man how I'd love to see Redneck Rampage on DC as well, any chance that would ever happen?
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Awesome news indeed. Hopefully it supported 16:9 but I doubt it will. No one includes widescreen on dc games :(
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Juan wrote:
And perhaps even more exciting, we've been in talks with Revival / Karma Studios quite a bit, and we may be releasing as many as 10 or so games of theirs within the next year or two.
DC releases? At least I hope they make more Dreamcast ports :)
Well, we only intend right now to publish Dreamcast titles. Other ports of the games may be handled by other companies, but those 10 or so other titles...

*all* Dreamcast.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

goatdan wrote:*all* Dreamcast.
:cheers:
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Goatdan, if it's ok I'd like to do an interview with the team. They can send it to you before I publish it.
lo
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by lo »

Offtopic:
RMD wrote:Awesome news indeed. Hopefully it supported 16:9 but I doubt it will. No one includes widescreen on dc games :(
Metropolis Street Racer has it. But it's not in the Options, it's in the Cheat menu and you have to play it a little bit to open it.

Greetz
lo_

P.S.: Great news. never believed so many games would be released :)
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Sounds interesting, but the graphics look like they are from the 16-bit era. Hopefully the DC version will look more representative of the times.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

:bump:

I have never been able to find a video of this game, all the links I found are down. Does anyone know if there's a video of this game available somewhere?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

there were only pics (and videos? ) from the GBA version, none of the dreamcast version
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I'm talking about the videos from the PocketPC or GBA versions. I can only find broken links.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I'm glad somebody bumped this topic, because I missed it the first time around. When the game does see a commercial release, I can guarantee you at least one sale ;).
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

I see it's past the prospective release date. Nothing new. I just hope there is not any trouble publishing this and other titles. It cost's a lot, but from what I've seen. All the recent Dreamcast releases sold out. So I do not see a money issue as far as making up production costs. Maybe Q1 2007 is more realistic or Q2. Either that or someone's just going to have to go over there and start slave driving the programers.