New DC Games?!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
bone_4_life
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New DC Games?!

Post by bone_4_life »

I was reading somewhere on Wikipedia, that there is a game schedualed for release on DC, I cannot remember what it is called, but supposedly it comes out this year..Anyone know about this, and will there be any more games in the future for DC
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

There are still a handfull of games coming out. Mostly arcade ports and dating sims.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

last hope... not that exciting
Shinto
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shinto »

Anoteher Game called Crows. I think thats a shump. Yumi:Samurai Warrior (a bor mod thats going to be hot!) and some other games I cant remember.
Yeah I'm Back, So Be Happy!
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Crows (Karous) has not been announced as a Dreamcast release. It's currently only a NAOMI arcade game and there's been quite a few NAOMI games that would have made great Dreamcast ports, but didn't get released, so it's anything but a sure thing. It's certainly a possibility, though. Maybe even a good one.

And Last Hope as well Yumi, GOAT Games Vol 1 and the other GOAT Publishing releases are homebrews (or as Dan Loosen prefers: "independent releases") which is not quite the same as a licensed Dreamcast game on GD-ROM and everything. Though depending on how you look at it it, may even be more impressive and there's really not much difference between the coders working on GOAT Publishing games and the tiny development houses like Alpha Systems and Milestone who have been releasing NAOMI shooters and Dreamcast ports. I think everyone recognizes that there is a difference though.

As far as I know, there are currently no licensed commercial releases planned for the Dreamcast. The Japanese girl-get adventure games stopped coming out on the Dreamcast a while ago and Sega's release list for the DC has been empty since Under Defeat came out this earlier this year. Actually, Ring Age may still be on the list, but if you believe that's really gonna come out, I have a bridge in Yonkers you may be interested in buying.

...word is bondage...
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

man i think lik-sang my still be taking pre orders for ring age. i gave up on that a LONG time ago. lol. I see my dreamcast to get my SHUMP fix. I love that this i s the one console i can preorder a game for and KNOW im getting a good game.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
LordNikon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LordNikon »

Yea so far there have been no announcements for upcoming Dreamcast games. Under Defeat may very well be the final Dreamcast official release. I am keeping my hopes up for Karous to make it to the DC, but am fully content with Under Defeat being the last title. The last few years have been really exciting for me personally (since shmups are a staple of my gaming diet.)
http://www.onlineconsoles.com - online console gaming communities for the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Playstation 2
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Under Defeat isn't a bad game for a final release, but I certainly would appreciate to see more games like e.g. Karou getting released. I never saw any evidence that SOJ mentioned it to be the last DC game that they'd publish.

Anyway, there are quite a few homebrew games in the works that will go commercial. Check the link in my sig.
Insane homebrew collector.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I doubt we'll ever see a new release that does the titel of 'final dc release' more justice than Under Defeat, as it simply wowed everyone. Then again I would welcome any new release... though I'd be hard to push into buying another Shooter.

One thing that popped up in a conversation I was having with a fellow DC fan was the fact Giga/Alchemist will release a new Baldr Force or Baldr Bullet game. Baldr Force Exe was released for Dreamcast back in october 2004 and as far as I know it sold out completely.

I could link to getchu.com where they have a page about it, but I suggest googling it up cause it contains some hentai screenshots. The release date is 2006/09/29, which happens to be tomorrow btw :D Has anyone thought about a petition or wouldn't it be worth the trouble?

Edit: Seems like the PC will get Baldr Bullet Revellion, while the PS2 is seeing Baldr Force Exe Resolution.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog