Dreamcast Screengrabs - hardware?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Dreamcast Screengrabs - hardware?

Post by Mr. Jones » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:03 pm

Sup, ya geeks. :D

Question: I want to take screenshots of gameplay of some different shooters on Dreamcast. What kind of hardware would I need to be able to take clean grabs of screenshots? I am using a modded Dreamcast with VGA adapter.

Thanks!
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:05 pm

I dunno. Maybe you can use Chankast?
bizzle

Re: Dreamcast Screengrabs - hardware?

Post by bizzle » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:46 pm

Mr. Jones wrote:Sup, ya geeks. :D

Question: I want to take screenshots of gameplay of some different shooters on Dreamcast. What kind of hardware would I need to be able to take clean grabs of screenshots? I am using a modded Dreamcast with VGA adapter.

Thanks!
Video input to a computer would work.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:57 pm

I'm assuming that Chankast is the Dreamcast emulator. I am using a laptop - I don't think it would have the speed to run a Dreamcast game. Plus I have original games. I have no idea where to find images of DC software (outside of DCEmu...)

I only have an output port for video on my laptop, Xylene. How would I get a source going into the computer?
bizzle

Post by bizzle » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:12 pm

Mr. Jones wrote:I'm assuming that Chankast is the Dreamcast emulator. I am using a laptop - I don't think it would have the speed to run a Dreamcast game. Plus I have original games. I have no idea where to find images of DC software (outside of DCEmu...)

I only have an output port for video on my laptop, Xylene. How would I get a source going into the computer?
USB video capture device.
Mark30001
Mark30001
Mark30001

Post by Mark30001 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:51 pm

A Katana! :D
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:36 pm

I'm looking at USB capture devices - and I'm thinking that I might just have to get a desktop PC to get some decent screen grabs. *sigh*