GOAT Store Publishing to announce 2006 / 2007 projects

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GOAT Store Publishing to announce 2006 / 2007 projects

Post by goatdan »

Thought this might be of interest here... ;)

----

After Dan Loosen finishes his speech entitled "Welcome to the Show" he will have only a few hours on Saturday before stepping back up to the podium... this time, as the head of GOAT Store Publishing ready to make the biggest Dreamcast announcement in years as he reveals the plans that the GOAT Store have for upcoming projects in 2006 / 2007.

GOAT Store Publishing has kept very secret about upcoming Dreamcast projects other than the GOAT Games compilation which has so far had mimimal information released about it. That will all change at 4:00 on Saturday when Dan reveals details on 10 upcoming Dreamcast projects that GOAT Store Publishing expects to release over the next year and a half.

Many of the upcoming games that will be revealed are games which have never been seen or discussed before, and during the speech there will be exclusive gameplay footage of some of the games. A few games will be playable in the DreamCon section of the show immediately following the speech. The games will cover all different sorts of genres and gameplay styles.

"I think people will be very surprised when they see some of what we have in store to reveal," stated Dan Loosen. "Developers are really grasping how the system hardware works, and there is a lot of exciting games in development that we are excited to announce!"

The GOAT Store, LLC will also be releasing signed copies of two of their most recent Dreamcast releases -- Inhabitants and Maqiupai -- at the show. The signed copies are hand numbered and limited to only 100 copies, and have never been put on public sale before the show.

For more information on GOAT Store Publishing, please visit http://www.goatstore.com/publishing/ For more information on the Midwest Gaming Classic, please visit http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Speechless, Im counting the minutes! Seems like the Midwest Gaming Classic will rock the DC world.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

neat, i cant wait.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Yup, looking forward to it! :D
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

heh i just saw this info on Attack of the Show during "The Feed"

very nice.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

So there'll be DC releases all the way into 2007!
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Any news yet? :drooly:
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

The beans are spilled. The new games are:

1) Feet of Fury 2 - more features, more songs, more fun.
2) Donk - GOAT Store got the license for the CD-i game Donk. Cryptic Allusion is redoing the game from scratch.
3) GOAT Games - should be out this year.
4) DCastle - 3D Star Castle clone - completely redone from the ground up to be more graphically impressive.
5) Age of the Beast Special Edition - there will be both a freeware release and a commercial special edition release through GOAT Store.
6) Amnesia Adventure Game - travel inside the heads of people with amnesia in this graphic adventure game.
7) Adventure game from S+F Software - nothing else is known at this time.
8)Remake of a cancelled Lynx game from GOAT Store - shooter inspired by Tempest 2000. Sorry Dan, I forgot the name of this one. I think it's on my camera, but I don't have it at the moment. :oops:
9) Fighting game from Fragger - a 3D fighter using the Quake engine.
10) Samurai Warrior - a game using an enhanced BOR engine, where you are a female ninja.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

:o

Holy sweet Jesus, this is awesome news!

I didn't realize Cryptic Allusion was still working with the Dreamcast.
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

Thanks for ALL :o :o :o !!!

So sweet news ! :D
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Oh, missed one - he had 11 announcements, I just blanked on this one until just now :oops: :

He's also publishing the sh'mup from Project Firestorm.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

A very impressive list! Now, if there only were some screens. But I guess that will come soon.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

MetaFox wrote:He's also publishing the sh'mup from Project Firestorm.
Which one? Their site has three Dreamcast shmups: Feuer Frei (nothing revealed), Timehunter (a horizontal cute 'em up), and Karugamo (a vertical shmup that looks a lot like Raiden).
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

Feuer Frei
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

My reactions:
MetaFox wrote:1) Feet of Fury 2 - more features, more songs, more fun.
Holy crap!! That's awesome. I am really excited about that. Not only because I love Feet of Fury, but because I am amazed Dan and the guys and CA decided it was worth it. The last I really paid attention, Dan was still really disappointed in the response they got from the first one. I love this.
2) Donk - GOAT Store got the license for the CD-i game Donk. Cryptic Allusion is redoing the game from scratch.
I don't know what Donk was originally, but if CA is putting it together, I'm sure it will be amazing. Aside from possibly Rand and the Bleem crew, and no offense to any other DC devvers, CA is the greatest independent development team in video games (IMHO).
3) GOAT Games - should be out this year.
That should be fantastic. I've been looking forward to that for a while.
4) DCastle - 3D Star Castle clone - completely redone from the ground up to be more graphically impressive.
If that's what I think it is, I'm excited about this, too. Is this the one with the smiley face and the guy in the wheel chair? The graphics in that demo are spectacular.
5) Age of the Beast Special Edition - there will be both a freeware release and a commercial special edition release through GOAT Store.
That's awesome news. I remember trying to convince the guys from Team Senile quite a while ago to get in touch with the GOAT crew to see about releasing Age of the Beast commercially for the DC. I also passed on some really cool ideas on how to enhance the commercial release, in order to set it apart from all other commercial releases. I wonder if any of that will make it into the GOAT release?
6) Amnesia Adventure Game - travel inside the heads of people with amnesia in this graphic adventure game.
Sounds interesting. Who's developing this one?
7) Adventure game from S+F Software - nothing else is known at this time.
Well, I don't know what to think about that, since all we currently know is that it's from S+F. It should be good, though.
8)Remake of a cancelled Lynx game from GOAT Store - shooter inspired by Tempest 2000. Sorry Dan, I forgot the name of this one. I think it's on my camera, but I don't have it at the moment. :oops:
Interesting. I'm not that big of a fan of shooters, but it still sounds cool.
9) Fighting game from Fragger - a 3D fighter using the Quake engine.
This ought to be good. Fragger has a lot of really good ideas for his makaqu engine.
10) Samurai Warrior - a game using an enhanced BOR engine, where you are a female ninja.
Cool. I've kind of got over the whole BOR thing, but this does sound intriguing. It's especially got my interest, since it's obviously completely legal. It will be really nice to see a completely original BOR mod, especially if it uses an enhanced engine.
Oh, missed one - he had 11 announcements, I just blanked on this one until just now Embarassed :

He's also publishing the sh'mup from Project Firestorm.
I'm also not a huge fan of sh'umps, but I'm sure this will be cool, too.

Hmm. 11 new projects. $15-20 bucks/per project. I guess I'd better start saving my money. :wink:
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

curt_grymala wrote:
Sounds interesting. Who's developing this one?
That would be me. :) It's totally Dan's idea. I'm simply the coding "tool".
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Dan Loosen just let me know that I missed one more:

12) BlocksSquare - the game inspired by Lumines formerly known as BlockSmash. The commercial version will have more modes and more options, including a timed puzzle mode.
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Don't get me wrong; I love the list of games but you have to watch out for an overkill. Will all these games will be 'loose' releases? 2 in 1 packs might be a better idea (just my 2 cents) :lookaround:
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I think this is all good to hear. The people I know who aren't really into homebrew still don't seem to care, so I don't know what would attaract them at this point. oh well, I'm excited.

Donk, if it's the game I'm thinking of was a platformer involving a duck. It was on the Amiga, but I can't find anything about CD-i release. No nothing called Donk on the CD-i that I can see, so I assume it is the same Donk I'm thinking of and that was supposed to say Amiga or CD32 and not CD-i. What brought this project to the DC? It seems to come out of left field. Should certainly be cool, though.

R3K also sounds great. It's based more on Ram It! than Tempest from what I understand. A great game concept. Hopefully the Tempest allusion means that it will borrow something from the aesthetic stye of Tempest 2000, which would be very nice.

GOAT Games, of course, I've been looking forward to for months now. I think it'll be my favorite GOAT release yet. Hopefully there'll be some nice surprises.

And I'm definitely really curious to see what these two adventure games menioned turn out like. Could be some great stuff for sure.

Thanks to Dan and GOAT Publishing for their continued support and to the coders for continuing to come up with new projects. I can't wait to see how everything turns out and what further projects the future will bring our beloved Dreamcasts.

...word is bondage...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

SeGaFrEaK NL wrote:Don't get me wrong; I love the list of games but you have to watch out for an overkill. Will all these games will be 'loose' releases? 2 in 1 packs might be a better idea (just my 2 cents) :lookaround:
They're not all going to be released at once. They are planned releases over the next two years (and, knowing how software development goes, it's probably more like the next four or five years :lol: ).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.