B!EEM question

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

B!EEM question

Post by Matisfaction »

Smackdown B!EEM would have been really cool, How far did they actually get with it? and are there any screenshots or anything, if it ever got to that stage.
Last edited by Matisfaction on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I would also like to know this. I wanna know what could have been.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

About the Silent Hill one, there aren't enough buttons for you to play the game, no saving and in the daylight scenes and daylight gameplay it looks like Harry is constantly walking out of an ultra-lit room :P .
Sora Aoi, DoB : Nov. 11/83
Three #s : B35 [F Cup]-W23-H33
Ht : 5"1', Wt : She Ain't Telling
Eyes : Brwn, Hair : Brwn
Natural Bust : Disputed, Blood Type : B
Sexual Orientation : Heterosexual, Stage Names : Sola Aoi
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

As i understand Smackdown B!EEM was actually going to be a legitimate B!EEM release. Not an ilegal hacked copy of B!EEM, which falls under the category of warez talk and therefore not permited on these boards. But i'm sure you've read the forum rules and already know that.

Back on topic: Does anyone have any info on Smackdown B!EEM?
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/features/previews/bleem/

This is the best I could find. I remember visiting one other website which had an interview and quite a lot of BleemDC information as well. Also, they hinted at FF9 practically being ready to be released except they didn't have the funds or time for testing it. I think FF9 would've made a bigger impact than GT2 and Tekken 3 because DC doesn't have many RPG's to start with, while there are a lot of great racegames and it isn't short on good fighters either.

That one webpage also showed that picture of Sonic standing with a flower in his had in front of the grave of Bleem. Seeing that one still makes me feel sad it ended the way it has :(
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

The Bleem FAQ was moved to the Emulation Knowledge Base site and later on incoporated into DC Help. All the Bleem!DC info can be find there, including a Hi-Res image of a crying Sonic at the Bleem! Grave.

However, I discovered that I not yet added the info about the Bleem! WWF Smackdown disc. I will do so in a future update of the knowledge base. Anyway here is the info I got about it:
What was hard to emulate?
Rand: "WSD/WS2 aren't particularly difficult for any reason other than they have a bunch of different wrestlers, a huge number of options, and the multitap support. The MultiTap was a bit of a pain, but it's all happy now and it adds a lot to the overall experience. This game falls under the general category of "having to do everything well and correct" in order to run well."

Can Bleem open the hidden features (such as: "The Big Show") wich are only avaible trough a GameShark (in the PSX version?)
Rand: "It's not going to happen. We don't have the time, money or resources to add all the extra logic (and then all the extra testing, and then tech support once it's released) for all the extra hidden codes. It's an excellent idea -- but we're simply not in a position to do anything about it. Perhaps once we're out of the hole financially it'll become an option, but right now we're not even close.

The other thing to keep in mind is this: Few people, relatively speaking, even HAVE a GameShark -- so even if we *could* add those extra features, the number of people who would have expected them, is minimal -- and infact, should be ZERO since a GameShark doesn't come included with either a PSX, or the games. The thing with bleem! is that since it already enhances games to a significant extent, people start to expect that even more is possible -- and frankly, it is! -- but at the moment, not from us. There's only so much that two people can do before giving up, and we're pretty much well beyond the limit as it stands. If I get some spare time, I'll look into it again, but it won't be happening any time soon, sad to say.
Also WWF Smackdown was next on the list to be released. It was said that it was completly ready for release.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

yeah the whole place dedicated to Bleem had deep coverage on all three and around 7 unreleased projects.

Go to the Dcemu search and find out.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Captain Skyhawk wrote:Also WWF Smackdown was next on the list to be released. It was said that it was completly ready for release.
So there's actually a finished version? :o
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

It would be nice to invite Rand back to answer all the new and old questions that are raised. I don't know if he would or legal can talk about any of the Bleem stuff for Dreamcast. I do know he's tried to set the record straight on other forums and I do know he is working on cell phone games at the moment. It was nice to thank him for his efforts. Anyways, I just think it would be great for him to write a little historical bit on the whole history of bleemcast and bleem including all of their plans of what was supposed to be.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

zman wrote:It would be nice to invite Rand back to answer all the new and old questions that are raised. I don't know if he would or legal can talk about any of the Bleem stuff for Dreamcast. I do know he's tried to set the record straight on other forums and I do know he is working on cell phone games at the moment. It was nice to thank him for his efforts. Anyways, I just think it would be great for him to write a little historical bit on the whole history of bleemcast and bleem including all of their plans of what was supposed to be.
He's already given as much information as he is able to about bleemcast on these forums.

Do a search for user "Rand Linden". You should get the answer to most of your questions there.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

I understand he has posted a lot of info on this fourm. He has also posted other info that is not the same on other forums that clarify some of the misnomers about bleemcast. I.E. Where the bleemcast leaked copies came from and info some more info on the dismantling of the bleem franchise.

I'm just saying, it would be nice to have his thoughts all in one place and not scattered on the web. I.E. An official statement or f.a.q. for all users of bleemcast to read.

Just a thought...
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Thanks for the link Captain Skyhawk, it was exactly the information I was looking for, I think I'll link to it from my blog when I am going to update it so that I won't lose the link, and that others might read it.

zman, I think most of your questions will be answered by reading the page Captain Skyhawk linked to.

The only things I'm curious about concerning Bleemcast is what happened to the unfinished projects and what deals have been made at the end of Bleem's existence, and I think I'm not the only one. However, those things are most likely to stay a secret, otherwise they would've been answered already, seeing how open and involved with the DC scene Rand has been for all these years.

My blog
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Captain Skyhawk wrote:
However, I discovered that I not yet added the info about the Bleem! WWF Smackdown disc. I will do so in a future update of the knowledge base.
That would be great thanks, are there any screen shots of B!EEM Smackdown? It would be awesome to see what it would have looked like running on DC.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

That bleem faq is a rather good read. Yes, that is the info I was looking to read. To me it's amazing the skill involved in writing the emulator was cool. This is comparabile to then end result of the new Nintendo Revolution emulation for the older Nintendo systems.
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

It's been a *very* long time (ie. years and years and years now), but IIRC the builds of WSD and WS2 ran well.

Whether or not they were 100% finished, I don't remember.

The one "standout" feature I remember was the four-player support for DC that emulated the multitap.

Also, I believe there were screenshots somewhere out there, if only one or two.

Beyond that, I don't recall much more about them.

Rand.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

zman wrote:That bleem faq is a rather good read. Yes, that is the info I was looking to read. To me it's amazing the skill involved in writing the emulator was cool. This is comparabile to then end result of the new Nintendo Revolution emulation for the older Nintendo systems.
I hope the Revolution will add some good features to their emulation programs, kinda like some good filters for Snes games (take Zsnes for example) and some of the features Scherzo put in NesterDC SE.

Being spoiled by the many features and high quality of those emulators raises the bar for me when deciding what way to play my classics.

My blog