Shenmue 2 Disc 4

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
kellog7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shenmue 2 Disc 4

Post by kellog7 »

Just finished playing Shenmue 2 and I was amazed at just how much Disc 4 Reminded me of the anime films of Miyazaki-I'm sure the game creators were very aware of this-the landscapes,music and atmosphere remind me of Princess Mononoke.
I know there are a few people who really hated the way the game ended,but I personally love the change of pace after the frantic end to Disc 3-anyone share my opinion?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I enjoyed the 4th disc. Thought it was a good way to end the game.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I kept waiting, saying

"Someone is gonna jump out of the trees any minute now. Or maybe Tom will be round the corner to go 'yo yo yo, check out this move' while sitting next to his hotdog stand"
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Prophet][ wrote:I kept waiting, saying

"Someone is gonna jump out of the trees any minute now. Or maybe Tom will be round the corner to go 'yo yo yo, check out this move' while sitting next to his hotdog stand"
:lol:

I liked the 4th disc aswell, but it could easily have been the beginning of Shenmue III. It's kind of slow though, so I think putting it at the end of Shenmue II was a good choice, otherwise people would get bored quickly with Shenmue III.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Crazy Caboose wrote:...but it could easily have been the beginning of Shenmue III...
...maybe it is.

I loved the ending as well, it elevated the spirituality of the game far beyond the 'streets of rage' ending of disc 3. Also the graphics are beautiful!.... man I'm gonna play Shenmue 2 tonight!
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I loved the ending, because it really made me long for what would come next. Also, this setting of peace is a good way to end, because this was the part that you've been dreaming of during the whole series. Finally I was able to meet Shenhua. I am glad they didn't put that part in the next part of the series.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

The end was just... weird. But enjoyable non of the less.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Yes, I just beat Shenmue 2 about 2 weeks ago, and I would have to say that I enjoyed disc 4. Absolutely. After a frantic bout of QTE's to make my eyes bug out, it was nice to just pop in disc 4 and just let the story unfold. Unfortunately, it makes me really miss the fact that there won't be anymore Shenmue games. I sure hope that Yu Suzuki changes his mind about that. The gaming community needs more games like Shenmue. Plus, nothing beats forklift races or forklift work for money. Just another reason why the Dreamcast is such an awesome system.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Gameovertime222
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Gameovertime222 »

Actually, Penny Arcade posted a link awhile back confirming Shenmue 3 was being developed for the Xbox 360 and it would compile the past two games into the same game as well (so it will be Shenmue 1, 2, and 3 in one game). I'll try to find the link but I doubt I will.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I think that that was just a speculation :(
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

It's pretty, but it's a little boring going through the forest paths. And it ends abruptly with little closure. Especially since Shenmue III was never going to come :( Certainly not on DC anyway. So sad...........................

Dreamcast should still be alive!
Lyris
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by Lyris »

I really liked the last disc. Especially Ryo chasing Shenhua through the forest.

I really enjoyed it when Ryo was telling her about his friends back home - a nice throwback.