Virtua Fighter 4

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Virtua Fighter 4

Post by Imerion »

A while ago I read that there were an early DC version of this game sent out to reviewers. Supposedly the only thing playable was the arcade mode. Anyone who knows if this is true?
I really doubt it, but I have heard that the game was more or less finished.
I tried to search the board for something but all I found was a mention of it.

Please note that I am not asking for the game, just asking about it. If this thread is not allowed just remove it. If so, Im sorry I posted. I was just curious as to whatever these rumors were true.
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

it would be cool to see but, i'm sure it would have been released by some warez group by now if it existed
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Yeah I'm still very eager to see that VF4 demo disc that came with Shenmue 2 LE. I've never even seen that version of the game on ebay so it must be pretty rare :(
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Segafreak2
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Segafreak2 »

It came with Shemue 2 JAP, which is rare anyway so why sell it seperately???
It will be on eBay with a Shenmue 2 JAP. I was thinking of getting one, until I found the PAL one in my local shop and as I don't speak a word of Japanese, I might as well buy the one designed for my console :)
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Cid Highwind wrote:Yeah I'm still very eager to see that VF4 demo disc that came with Shenmue 2 LE. I've never even seen that version of the game on ebay so it must be pretty rare :(
It's not very rare. You can snag a complete one for around $30 - $40 with Shenmue II.
Very sexy hero, omg
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

You mean the VF4 Passport? http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/dc/vfighter_pass_cd.jpg
Id like to check it out as well, but I wonder if there is anything on the cd. If I remember right, it was used to connect to Segas VF4-page where you could watch movies and such. If it was a playable demo, it would be fantastic...
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

As far as I know, the Passport was just a history on VF and such. However, I beleive it is true it was being developed for the DC. I think one of my old DC mags mentioned that they went and saw an early build or something and it was looking just like the arcade. That Passport disc was probably originally meant to come with the game... Perhaps?
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

Yeah that sounds about right. Remember that VF3 was a launch title so between that time and the end of the dreamcasts life they probably did develope some kind of game build???
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I doubt that VF4 was planned for the DC. It was on Naomi 2. If they had any inkling to bring it to the DC, it would have been on the Naomi. Sega never attempted to bring out a single DC game that was more advanced than the Naomi system.

The VF 4 passport disc was just a little bonus for people buying Shenmue 2 as it marked a transition for Sega from going from a console manufacturer to a multi-platform game publisher. Plus, both games were AM-2 products, so it was just added advertising. Sorry, it is not a playable demo like many were hoping for back in the days.

Nevertheless, this does not mean that the game couldn't have come to the DC. When you look games like Shenmue, the graphics still look great by today's standards leaving me with no doubt that if Sega wanted to bring out a quality looking VF 4, they could have easily done it.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

when there's a will there's a way.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Certainly, and I doubt we have seen the best of DC. Maybe we have, maybe we haven't, and there's no way to prove this, unfortunately. Who knows what tricks teams like AM2 or Sonic Team might have been able to pull off to squeeze more out of the console if they would've been developing for 2 more years.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

the disc included is noting more than rolling demo...
still it looks might impressive and makes you wonder if DC was alive kicking whether we'd seen VF4 on DC...
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

the disc included is noting more than rolling demo...

Which disk are you refering to here? The Vf4 Passport? Because I didn't see any rolling demo on that one. Is there another one?
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

there's passport and there's another one - that I can't think of its name yet...
VF4 history or somehing(?) Anyone?
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

I checked it, and found this :
The VF History Disc has development demos and demo fights from all 4 VF games, and IIRC (haven't popped it in lately), some from stuff llke Virtua Racing too. There is some overlap with the VF3 movie, but there is a lot more covered, although it's not as exhaustive as it could've been.
Sounds fantastic! Anyone who has it and can confirm this? Some screens?

EDIT : How come I missed it, there really are two discs. I though they were the same. Read the info here : http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/096/096694p1.html
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

like I said I have one - well infact used to have two though given out one to a friend...
been some time since last time I popp'd it in though
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Sorry for missunderstanding. However, you say its a rolling demo. I guess its not realtime rendered but rather a movie. Could you check if the movie-files are on the cd and if they are, upload them somewhere? (If its legal). It would be interesting to see.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

when I say rolling demo I meant those practice sequence you get from VF/SC if left for few minutes. Mine features the Monk going through the sequence and it looks fantastic...
could be rendered movie but seeing Soul Calibur pulled it off nicely it could be the in game footage rolled into the demo...

not sure how to pull it off GD-ROM
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

dj898 wrote:not sure how to pull it off GD-ROM
Broadband adapter, coder's cable or some other way I forget,...
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

when I say rolling demo I meant those practice sequence you get from VF/SC if left for few minutes. Mine features the Monk going through the sequence and it looks fantastic...
could be rendered movie but seeing Soul Calibur pulled it off nicely it could be the in game footage rolled into the demo...
Sounds fantastic! I have to see that. Really, I must find that cd. Time to go check Ebay...