Outrun 2006, bringing it to DC!!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Should we bring Outrun 2006 to Dreamcast?

Sure we can do it! Lets start a petition now!
34%
We can try! A letter is very easy to write!
26%
The last sega console should have this symbolic game!
9%
I dont know... oh, well i would help if a petition is made
6%
Nah, i prefer to play it on a brand new slick PSP!
9%
I dont care!
17%

Total votes: 35
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Well guys check Http://www.segacollection.com .. the dream might be over.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Is that certain? I can't find anything on this page which says so : http://www.sega.co.jp/dc/undefeat/home.html.
If it is true though... :( But why would Sega do that? I mean, these games do sell out and they are making money on it so there's no reason to pull the plug right? I have actually wondered why Sega doesn't let more small releases like the current ones through. Its not like their losing money on it, but the opposite...
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

This doesn't mean anything. They have been saying that for years now.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Segata Sanshiro wrote:This doesn't mean anything. They have been saying that for years now.
This time the "they" aren't fans of the Dreamcast, it's Sega of Japan themselves. The last bit of text on Sega of Japan's official Under Defeat page says: "this game will commemorate the end of the Dreamcast"
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

So does this mean that SEGA will not indorse G-Rev or companies like it when they will produce future DC games (which is the case, is it not?) on the sega.co.jp website.
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

What about titles like Cool Herders and such future commercial homebrew? I know there are at least 3 homebrew games in the works that will be published one way or the other... at least that's the idea.
"this game will commemorate the end of the Dreamcast"
And will forever seal the Dreamcast as a classic system.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

There are always people and very small companies that are still making games for classic systems just like the coders behind Goat store's pressed MIL-CD's. The main question here, will there be any more GD-ROM pressed games released, which my guess would be that they would need sega's authority to use.
Segafreak2
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Segafreak2 »

S0L wrote: You should work in marketing :P
Ha, I do. 8-)

(or at least my mum does :P )
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

It's up to us now, we have to make the games ourselves if we want to keep the dream alive
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Wha??? The last DC game? But I want Melty Blood :( It looks soooo good.

So, what is this fan game gunna be called? OutRan? OutRunner? It'll be great to see what a colabaration from the whole scene could be like?

Just out of curiosity, how easy is it to convert from Lightwave and Maya? (Pref Lightwave). I don't mind doing some cars if I just have to model them, and then leave the rest of the messy business to someone else :D

Are they gunna be original cars? Should we make them up? I wouldn't mind driving down the game in the fastest car alive... The BaldMonk :D Har har har.

And SOL, wow, awesome to see someone from the development team of the actual game... It's great to see that you enjoy your Dreamcast too. Rez does indeed rock. There's nothing like playing it while getting plastered with mates before wandering into town in the weekends :D

So, lets get started on this thang :)
Segafreak2
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Segafreak2 »

They've said that before; SOJ.
It won't be the last.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

For which game has SOJ said this before on their site. I believe u may be thinking of when SOJ said that puyo puyo fever was Sonic Teams's last DC game.
Segafreak2
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Segafreak2 »

They said it was the DC's last at the time.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

I'm working on the website and on initial design strategy for the homebrew game.

After reading all the post, the great feedback from SOL (member of Sumo Digital), the news that SeGaFrEaK NL posted and the general disbelief by the public about this crusade's positive outcome (except a few samurais), i decided to shift my time and energy toward the second part of the project:

To create a homebrew game inspired by (not a clone of) OutRun 2 and in smaller degree by other classics like Daytona and Ridge Racer. There will be a version for Dreamcast and PC

I will open a new topic shortly with detailed explanation of my idea and will be very happy to discuss with everybody and form a team of dedicated DC and racing fans... This will be a community project and everyone can help in some for or another.

I hope this is good news! Thanks to all the people that posted in this topic either to help us believe the dream or to put our feet on the ground.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Sorry...this isn't going to happen.

Sumo Digital went through tons of effort to port the chihiro Outrun to the Xbox. It wasn't the snap that Naomi to Dreamcast was. Although there is a PSP version, it will still require the work....and there isn't large enough of a market.

Think about it. How many people belly ache on THIS site about...Ohh...it is all over...I better sell all of my great dreamcast games because my dreamcast died. That is bs. It isn't like Dreamcasts cost as much as say a Turbografx 16 on the ebay market, but still people whine about it here. Do you still think there is enough of a market? Heck. I work in a game store, and I have known of customers selling their stystems to us even though they have a bunch of burnt games. They get like $10-$20 max for the system. If they don't find the value in their pirated software, then the idea of an actual commercial venture is not happening.

If you have expectations for more Dreamcast software, pray that a developer from Japan ports over another Naomi shooter to the system or support the homebrew community through the upcoming Goat Store releases or that new shooter whose name I forgot...the one coming to the Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, and the Dreamcast.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....