DC LAN Adapter (HIT-0300)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Plasma
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC LAN Adapter (HIT-0300)

Post by Plasma »

Well, I bought what I thought was going to be a BBA (HIT-400/401) and it turned out to be the LAN adapter. It came with a bunch of other stuff and was from overseas, so I don't think it would be worth it to ship it back.

I mainly bought it to use for development, and it does work ok with dcload/dctool. But I'm wondering if the BBA is noticeably faster? My upload speeds are around 2 mbit with the LAN adapter.

Also, if I were to sell this, does anybody know what the going price is? Obviously less than a BBA, although I've got the original box, instructions, and passport CD (unopened) as well...
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

LAN adapter was for BB Net/LAN connection only as it won't work any of game titles...
reason BBA fetches higher price is that thing can be used with games...

for its value if it's complete with packaging and all you may get $25-40 depends on the buyers... After this is just piece of DC history and more than likely for the collection only... sorry for the bad news mate
c99koder
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by c99koder »

KOS and dc-load both support the LAN adapter as well as the Broadband adapter.

-Sam
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Well if you use it for development purposes only I think you will be fine. What did you pay for it if I may ask?
Plasma
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Plasma »

Yeah, I know it won't work with games. I don't plan on playing any games online so I'm not too worried about that. I'm just wondering what the typical upload speed with dcload/dctool is with a BBA. If it's a lot faster, then it might be worth it to sell the LAN adapter and try to get a BBA.

I paid $125 (including shipping) for a Dreamcast, 2 controllers, 3 memory cards, LAN adapter, new keyboard & mouse, and 17 games. Obviously it would have been a very good deal if it was a BBA...with the LAN adapter I guess it's just a fair price.
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sonic-NKT »

sounds like a good price to me.
hmm where do you live, i looked yesterday at ebay for a dremcast bba and it showed me 2 in the usa.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

i paid almost same price range for dc-direct black LE BBA inc. Linksys router set... WIIW
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Good price indeed man... I should look for a BBA but don't sell the LAN adapter... good for your collection