Saw NesterDC in a book at Barnes and Noble today.

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Saw NesterDC in a book at Barnes and Noble today.

Post by GyroVorbis »

Yeah it was quite a surprise. A friend and I were going through some programming books when he goes "OMFG WTF d0Od?!"

So I checked out the book and there it was. It was some sort of classic gaming book showing emulation on different platforms. It showed the GP32 and NesterDC. It also showed how to get through the burning process and said a lot of nice things.

Along with that were links to all the prominent DC-Scene sites.

I check the publishing date and it was 2005. I'm still pissed at myself that I forgot the name, but that's still really sweet.

I wish we could publish some sort of "Dreamcast Console Programming" book. Imagine how many people that would attract sitting on a Barnes and Noble shelf...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

OMG! Time to go use my Barnes and nobles gift card.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
pnpbios
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pnpbios »

well, let's get KOS documented first ;)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

if you are looking for documentation, browse the source code, it's well documented (most of the important parts at least).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Been thanked: 0

Post by Arqueiro »

lol ! very cool !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I just got to see the night before last and saw a book called "Retro Gaming Hacks" or something like that by O'Riley (sp?). In it, there was an article about Dreamcast Emus and it talked extensively about the Atari800 emu. There may have been more in there but i didn't look through it thoroughly (and for some reason the index had no mention of the Dreamcast).
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Quzar wrote:I just got to see the night before last and saw a book called "Retro Gaming Hacks" or something like that by O'Riley (sp?). In it, there was an article about Dreamcast Emus and it talked extensively about the Atari800 emu. There may have been more in there but i didn't look through it thoroughly (and for some reason the index had no mention of the Dreamcast).
Coolness. I'll have to check it out.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I went again to look at it, it had exactly what supersonic was talking about with nesterDC, it was just in a different section of the book. It also gave a quick overview of milcd and whatnot.

So yea, we saw the same book most likely.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

Yep, that's the one.